• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Order of the Stick: How long will they put up with Miko?

Storm Raven said:
Part of the fun of the strip has always been that the members of the OotS understand the rules under which their lives operate. Ignoring them for convenience saps away much of that fun.

ah, but they're not just aware of the rules, but aware they're in a roleplaying game and a comic strip. The wider context of an RPG means annoying DMPCs crop up from time to time. It was an inevitable story arc to introduce.

Now, if Haley defeats Miko by jumping across comic book panels a la She Hulk, that will truly be the day I go "Yes!!! That is awesome!"

Dreeble

First Post
Heya:

So, just to clarify, I can get around the rule about ascribing motives, thoughts, and opinions to others by claiming I'm engaging in parodying railroading? Very cool, if so.

Take care,
Dreeble

the Jester

Legend
Dreeble said:
Heya:

So, just to clarify, I can get around the rule about ascribing motives, thoughts, and opinions to others by claiming I'm engaging in parodying railroading? Very cool, if so.

Yes, if you're writing a satire/parody in the first place.

ForceUser

Explorer
Aaron L said:
Um, Hmm. Ive never heard of anyone deciding to ignore that rule before.
Guilty. I've been playing 3E since 2000 and I'd completely forgotten about the divine focus thing until I saw it mentioned in this thread. Whoops.

Sometimes, the amount of data that one must remember to DM 3rd edition is overwhelming. :\

DreadPirateMurphy said:
Did anybody else notice that in his justification, Rich referred repeatedly to Varsuvius as "he," and confirmed that smite evil would work on Belkar?

If you keep reading, you'll eventually find Rich's comment re: Belkar. It goes a little something like, "Seriously, have you guys actually been reading this strip? Of course Belkar's Evil. It's, like, totally a non-question." :D

ForceUser said:
Guilty. I've been playing 3E since 2000 and I'd completely forgotten about the divine focus thing until I saw it mentioned in this thread. Whoops.

Well, the rules say you need to "manipulate" your divine focus. What that means is up to DM interpretation, but it's possible that engraving (embossing? attaching?) it on your shield and lifting it high while casting is enough.

Sejs

First Post
DreadPirateMurphy said:
Did anybody else notice that in his justification, Rich referred repeatedly to Varsuvius as "he," and confirmed that smite evil would work on Belkar?

Actually he refered to Varsuuvius as "s/he". V's still a mystery.

As for Belkar? We've known that for ages now. Remember the whole goblin cleric/unholy blight thing way back when?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads