[OT, Star Wars] 3 new reviews for Episode II - AotC

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
I read the novel on the weekend and, based on that and the shorts, think that movie will be extremely good. I think it will feel a lot more like Empire Strikes Back than either New Hope, Return of the Koala Bears or Episode I.

I will also add that the novel left me really wanting to see the next movie: there are a few plot cliffhangers that I really look forward to seeing resolved

Anyway, if a novel written by everyone's favourite author can convince a diehard cynic like me, there is hope.... :)

Cheers
NPP

hong

WotC's bitch
Wolfspider said:
Sounds like an advertisement for a computer game.

It's probably fair to say that I'm anticipating Bioware's Star Wars CRPG more than the actual Star Wars movies....

Welverin

First Post
Wolfspider said:
From the Countdown review:

This is what I thought when I saw one of the more action-packed trailers.

But it sounds promising. Some of my coworkers are putting the pressure on me to see it opening day. My resolve wavers.... :eek:

Ah go for it! It can't be worse than Mortal Kombat Annihilation, I still rue the day I let myself be talked into seeing that, and to think I considered those people friends.

Moe Ronalds

First Post
Does anyone here go to any other SW message boards? They may be better than this one to write stuff at... And how is it that the spiderman thread got more replies than AOTC?

EricNoah

Adventurer
Moe Ronalds said:
And how is it that the spiderman thread got more replies than AOTC?

My theory is that AotC has been done quite a bit here, whereas I think this might be one of the first threads on the Spiderman movie on our forums.

Cedric

First Post
You also have to remember that at this point, people have SEEN Spider-Man...AOTC is still speculation for most of us.

btw...Spider-Man rocked.

Cedric

Rinndalir

First Post
Bah. I don't care if this movie TOPS Empire, I'm still not seeing it opening week. Lucas gives me the finger, I give it right back...

shilsen

Adventurer
Rinndalir said:
Bah. I don't care if this movie TOPS Empire, I'm still not seeing it opening week. Lucas gives me the finger, I give it right back...

ROTFLMAO!! I usually don't post on the "I love Star Wars/ I hate star wars" threads, but this time I just had to. This is the best "delusions of grandeur" statement I've seen in a long time.

[Walks off, still chuckling to himself and imagining Lucas looking up from a table covered in cash from AOTC's opening week and saying, "Darn! Rinndalir gave me the finger! Woe is me!"]

Rinndalir

First Post
/me wishes this were Nutkinland so he could post a real flame

If you want to be a drone, go right ahead. No, Mr. Lucas won't miss my $7, or the $7 of my RL friends who are also boycotting opening week, or the money of any of my internet friends who are either joining me or doing this independently of me. I don't EXPECT it to. That's not the point - the REAL POINT is the only vote I have as a consumer is my $, and I'm going to use it regardless of whether anyone notices or cares.

I'd like to invite anyone who feels the same to join me.

Remove ads