[OT, Star Wars] 3 new reviews for Episode II - AotC

Moe Ronalds

First Post
How is not meeting extremely high standards after a 16 year break giving you the finger??? Or were you referring to something else (I know I should do a quote but I'm too lazy so nyaaah...:p ):rolleyes:

noretoc

First Post
I just had the funniest thought. George Lucas is sitting there writing TPM. "hmm, ok, let add a stupid character that annoys everyone. That always pisses people off. Let make the kid say woopee a few time, that will get them groaning." Then he looks up at the imaginary camera and peg a finger saying "F+++ you Rinndalir"
Oh wait that is right, it isn't Lucas' movie. it belogs to the fans... he just wrote them all. silly me.

MaxKaladin

First Post
I won't be seeing it the first week, but that's because I hate lines and sold out theaters. I'd rather see it later at some obscure time when I can stretch out across several seats without bothering the five other people in the theater.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
I don't understand the whole boycotting thingy. I mean, want to boycott it? Then don't see it.

But *GASP* waiting a whole week. OhMyGawd!! That'll change things! :rolleyes:

Randolpho

First Post
mastermind said:
But *GASP* waiting a whole week. OhMyGawd!! That'll change things! :rolleyes:

Most movies make all of their money opening weekend, then sputter out, so a one-week boycott could quite possibly destroy the movie.

Of course, no Star Wars movie has ever "sputtered out" after the first week, so I don't think this *particular* boycott will have any effect.

In fact... if you're gonna boycott, don't see the movie at all. Just don't bother. A one week boycott of Star Wars only proves that you're Lucas' bitch, but that you're complaining about bein' his bitch. Still doesn't stop you from bein' his bitch, tho. ;) It still makes you a "drone", 'cause you're still gonna go see the movie...

BTW, I don't fall under the "drone" label, as I'm fully geeked about seeing the movie. I thought Episode 1 was a great movie. Not Best Picture material, surely, but all in all, not a bad flick. It had a great story line which I was supremely interested in, with only a few minor holes; specifially midichlorians, Jar Jar, 3PO's origin, and Anakin being too young.

Midichlorians might not be that big a problem if it weren't for the original description of the Force in Ep 4 not even mentioning it. Clearly a tackon, and not one that I particularly liked.

Jar Jar can be forgiven, IMO. I liked the character, but not the way he was used for gags by Lucas. Slapstick comic relief felt out of place in the movie; I prefer the of R2/3PO comic banter. Lucas was trying new stuff that he had never tried before, and it failed. Not enough to ruin the movie for me, tho.

3PO's origin I still don't like. Anakin built him? Come on. Yet another obvious tack-on that wasn't necessary to the movie, but didn't destroy it either.

Anakin's age is the only *major* problem I had. Far too young to be an effective character, IMO. Enough to detract from the movie if you consider him the star of the movie. I, however, do not, although many people do. I think the movie was about Obi-Wan and his relationship with his master far more than it was about Anakin. Make no mistake: he plays a major role. I just think it wasn't as pivotal a role as many people seem to give the character credit for.

Wow... that was far longer than I thought. I'll shut up now.

Remove ads