Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Base Classes You'd Like to See

MerrikCale

First Post
The Shaman from Super Genius is very good. It doesn't cast from the druid spell list. Instead, it has powers based on spirits and creates totems from same

Get it. You will not be disappointed

lightgun_suicide

First Post

Kaladhan

First Post
I'ld like to see updated versions of the Arcana Evolved classes. For example :

- Akashic

- Champion : This class needs the most tweaks, since I think it was underpowered compared to the other AE classes. It certainly had a lot of boring levels.

- Mage Blade : That's the best gish ever made. It had a lot of savor (I'm looking at you athame).

- Runethane

- Unfettered

pawsplay

Hero
I'd like to see a Pathfinder:
-Shaman
-Anti-paladin
-Witch (possibly included under shaman?)
-Samurai (some good attempts already posted online)

Although Fistful of Denarii doesn't tackle the Anti-Paladin directly, the Knight will probably serve for some interpretations (along the lines of the knights of Takhisias). On the other hand, the knight was deliberately designed with the intention it could be used for a samurai, and the corbie is partially the outcome of interpreting the OA bushi.

zen_hydra

First Post
Depending on what you have in mind, the Scholar from Fistful of Denarii might fight the bill.

Can you give me an overview of the Scholar class and its features?

I am looking for a skill-monkey class that is something like a more powerful version of the Expert NPC class. Ideally I would be able to use this class in genre's other than fantasy (specifically Sci-Fi, or Sci-Fantasy).

pawsplay

Hero
Can you give me an overview of the Scholar class and its features?

I am looking for a skill-monkey class that is something like a more powerful version of the Expert NPC class. Ideally I would be able to use this class in genre's other than fantasy (specifically Sci-Fi, or Sci-Fantasy).

That's basically it, it's an Expert with a double helping of awesome. The Scholar starts off with lore and other skill bonuses, and can select from a menu of talents, much like a rogue. Probably the only changes it would need for a sci-fantasy game would be adding a couple of technology-related talents and expanding some of the weapon options to work with firearms. In writing the class, I was thinking of a cross between Van Helsing and the librarian from the Mummy movies, with a touch of Elrond, Doctor Who, Miracle Max, and maybe just a little Wesley Crusher.

Some of the standout abilities are rummaging for items, identifying magical items, Call It Out (granting advantages to allies by identifying a creature's weakness), and minor spellcasting options.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
That's basically it, it's an Expert with a double helping of awesome. The Scholar starts off with lore and other skill bonuses, and can select from a menu of talents, much like a rogue. Probably the only changes it would need for a sci-fantasy game would be adding a couple of technology-related talents and expanding some of the weapon options to work with firearms. In writing the class, I was thinking of a cross between Van Helsing and the librarian from the Mummy movies, with a touch of Elrond, Doctor Who, Miracle Max, and maybe just a little Wesley Crusher.

Some of the standout abilities are rummaging for items, identifying magical items, Call It Out (granting advantages to allies by identifying a creature's weakness), and minor spellcasting options.

Excellent - I think you just sold me too! I like classes like that: good for dark fantasy/horror campaigns. B-)

Remove ads