D&D 5E PHB Races Redone

Faolyn

(she/her)
Next on the list Humans +1 Stat all the way um ok we're removing stat bumps what's left......the discussion on what makes a human not a pointy eared human or short human or a short and grumpy human.

Two words I think are the key for going forward with human non stat driven mechanical design: Adaptability and Drive.
In Level Up, all humans gain the ability to declare advantage on one roll per short or long rest, plus they get a bonus skill, and can choose from one of three gifts: one that makes them a better survivor (can go longer without food, can use their proficiency bonus on death saves), one that makes them long-distance runners (faster overland travel, bonus on saves to avoid taking exhaustion, a bonus while using the Dash action), or one that makes them better scholars (bonus on two skills, ability to reroll Concentration saves).

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
For Humans, I'd just mush together the Prodigy and UA Human Determination into a racial package:

- Versatility. You gain one skill proficiency of your choice, one tool proficiency of your choice, and fluency in one language of your choice.

- Prodigy. Choose one skill in which you have proficiency. You gain expertise with that skill, which means your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make with it. The skill you choose must be one that isn't already benefiting from a feature, such as Expertise, that doubles your proficiency bonus.

- Human Determination. When you make an attack roll, an ability check, or a saving throw, you can do so with advantage. Once you use this ability, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

Eubani

Legend
What about an ability that reduces stat requirements on multiclassing by 2? I was also thinking of being able to raise the ceiling of a stat by 2.

Eubani

Legend
OK lets Do the Human:

Versatility: Gain 1 Skill Proficiency, 1 Tool Proficiency and 1 Language
Prodigy: Gain Expertise in a skill or tool that you are proficient in.
Human Determination: Once per Rest gain advantage on an single attack roll, ability check or save.
Outlier: Choose 1 stat, this stat has a ceiling of 22.
Adaptable: Multiclass stat requirements are reduced by 2.

Eubani

Legend
As the Dragonborn is going to be in Fizban's lets move on to the Gnome, for some reason Gnomes are seeing a surge in popularity. Personally I prefer the 4e Fey Gnome.

Tales and Chronicles

Gnomes:
(Inspired by ''working faes'' of folklork, such a Brownies, and more elemental faeries)

Size.
Gnomes are between 3 and 4 feet tall and average about 40 pounds. Your size is Small.

Darkvision. Accustomed to life underground, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Gnome Cunning. You have advantage on all Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma saving throws against magic.

Tireless Precision. You are proficient in one of the following skills of your choice: Arcana, History, Investigation, Medicine, Performance, or Sleight of Hand. You are also proficient with one tool of your choice.
Whenever you make an ability check with the chosen skill or tool, roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the check's total.

Magic of the Mist: Immediately after you take damage or roll Initiative, you can use a reaction to magically become invisible until the end of your next turn or until you attack, deal damage, or force someone to make a saving throw. Once you use this ability, you can't do so again until you finish a short or long rest.

Horwath

Legend
For Humans, I'd just mush together the Prodigy and UA Human Determination into a racial package:

- Versatility. You gain one skill proficiency of your choice, one tool proficiency of your choice, and fluency in one language of your choice.

- Prodigy. Choose one skill in which you have proficiency. You gain expertise with that skill, which means your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make with it. The skill you choose must be one that isn't already benefiting from a feature, such as Expertise, that doubles your proficiency bonus.

- Human Determination. When you make an attack roll, an ability check, or a saving throw, you can do so with advantage. Once you use this ability, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
I like human determination, but current meta is that we are moving away from short rest recharges, so I would put it that you can use is number of times per proficiency modifier per long rest. Maybe limit it to once per round.

Tales and Chronicles

I like human determination, but current meta is that we are moving away from short rest recharges, so I would put it that you can use is number of times per proficiency modifier per long rest. Maybe limit it to once per round.
In my home games, where I removed the halflings, human determination works exactly like the Lucky feature of the Halfling (I even gave them the Brave feature; I love my humans being like the high folk of Middle-Earth).

But you are right, I forgot to change it to PB per long rest, once per round.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases