TSR Photos from 1982 from TSR's D&D display at the American Bookseller's Association

40below

Explorer
In 1982, my author mom dragged my brother and I (I was 12) to the American Bookseller's Association convention in Anaheim, CA. While there, we were thrilled to discover that the company that published the game we were quickly learning to love was demoing it! I stumbled on a few photos from the table where we played, and I thought others might be interested in this shot from the earlier history of the game. (The convention is discussed in this article from the Washington Post, by the way, which makes brief mention of TSR's presence.)

Anyone out there recognize the person in the white shirt and striped tie demoing the game, by the way?

(Edited to fix incomplete sentence.)

Attachments

• 1982_tsr_aba_a.jpeg
    1982_tsr_aba_a.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 397
  • 1982_tsr_aba_b.jpeg
    1982_tsr_aba_b.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 366
  • 1982_tsr_aba_c.jpeg
    1982_tsr_aba_c.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 393
Last edited:

aco175

Legend
Bravo. I remember going to a few conventions when I was that age. My mom wanted nothing to do with our stupid game, but my father still plays along with one of my brothers. The other gave it up sometime in high school.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
In 1982, my author mom dragged my brother and I (I was 12) to the American Bookseller's Association convention in Anaheim, CA. While there, we were thrilled to discover that the company that published the game we were quickly learning to love. I stumbled on a few photos from the table where we played, and I thought others might be interested in this shot from the earlier history of the game. (The convention is discussed in this article from the Washington Post, by the way, which makes brief mention of TSR's presence.)

Anyone out there recognize the person in the white shirt and striped tie demoing the game, by the way?

Not sure who the guy demoing the game is. But I was excited to see the Star Frontiers boxed set on display in the background.

Remove ads