D&D Movie/TV Photos from the D&D Movie Set

The D&D movie is currently filming at Alnwick Castle in Northumberland. A number of onlookers have posted photos from the set on Twitter, as has Newcastle's The Chronicle. Check the link for lots more! Alnwick was built in 1309, and has been used in Harry Potter and Downton Abbey, amongst other things. https://www.enworld.org/threads/the-d-d-movie-has-begun-filming.679837/...

The D&D movie is currently filming at Alnwick Castle in Northumberland. A number of onlookers have posted photos from the set on Twitter, as has Newcastle's The Chronicle. Check the link for lots more! Alnwick was built in 1309, and has been used in Harry Potter and Downton Abbey, amongst other things.

Alnwick_Castle_02.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

I'm pretty sure that the robe is just to cover her costume.
You're almost certainly right of course, I didn't think of that. But I have to admit I'm kinda disappointed. The embroidered silk-look overjacket over leathers is really visually distinctive and interesting, kinda reminiscient of a central Asian influence. It'd be a daring and near-unique costume design choice. But instead, we're probably going to get relatively generic scruffy brown gear that could have been in any fantasy production from the past 20 years, from LotR to GoT to Vikings.

You're almost certainly right of course, I didn't think of that. But I have to admit I'm kinda disappointed. The embroidered silk-look overjacket over leathers is really visually distinctive and interesting, kinda reminiscient of a central Asian influence. It'd be a daring and near-unique costume design choice. But instead, we're probably going to get relatively generic scruffy brown gear that could have been in any fantasy production from the past 20 years, from LotR to GoT to Vikings.
The worst about the scruffy brown look is that it is way more drab than even medieval outfits in our world! People have always loved colourful clothes, except for modern costume designers for film apparently.

The worst about the scruffy brown look is that it is way more drab than even medieval outfits in our world! People have always loved colourful clothes, except for modern costume designers for film apparently.
Just because colourful outfits are available (and there are plenty of colourful outfits in the Alnwick crowd scenes) doesn't mean everyone wants to wear them.

I think I need to remind you, this is a D&D movie, not a historical movie, it should look like D&D, not history. The outfit under the robe looks fairly typical D&D barbarian gear.
1624954523657.png

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads