Pineapple Express: Someone Is Wrong on the Internet?

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
I once had the pleasure of playing the Andromedans, against a Klingon group. It was, to use an expression, a slaughter. I didn't even really need to be very tactical.
I was looking for some of the old SSDs I remember people posting to the Usenet groups (like, I think somebody did an SSD for the Eagle-5, the Space Winnebago from Spaceballs), but it looks like ADP did a sweep of the online SSD repositories not too long ago. Oh well... I still have the Car Wars writeup from The Space Gamer for the EM-50 from Stripes...

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I once had the pleasure of playing the Andromedans, against a Klingon group. It was, to use an expression, a slaughter. I didn't even really need to be very tactical.
I had a friend who always hated my use of the ESG fields with the Lyrans...

Is there a good way to run one of those games online using the rules from the late 80s?

Ryujin

Legend
I had a friend who always hated my use of the ESG fields with the Lyrans...

Is there a good way to run one of those games online using the rules from the late 80s?
A quick online search found this:

I wasn't a big board gamer and a couple of my friends liked to use me as canon fodder, to keep in practice. It backfired a couple of times. The first was the SFB scenario that I previously mentioned. I guess they wanted bragging rights for actually winning the Andromedan scenario?

The second was in some WWI air combat game, the name of which escapes me. They thought that I would just try to emulate what they were doing, as I didn't have any experience with the game. They both played Germans, using Fokker DR-I triplanes (I think). I was given Spad VIIIs. A quick glance at the stats showed that they would turn inside of me all day long, but i could both out climb and out dive them. Boy, were they angry when I would only engage them on the vertical. Both rage-quit many turns later when I was the only one to ever manage to get the other in the arc of fire, let alone land a hit :ROFLMAO:

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Supporter
So, as an update, my attempt to get free labor CONTEST ended with no entries winner.

Or, put another way, we're all winners! Because I know Ryujin was really itching to have me write "Snarf's Guide to Why Canada is Real, and it's Spectacular!"

Luckily, I don't have to write fiction. Like any one would believe that there's another country in 'Murikuh's hat!

Started playing WoW again and i was looking to join a new mroe active guild and saw these two names

image.png

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Okay, subject got me thinking, especially since we are having pizza this weekend.

Everyone talks about pineapple on pizza, and they know it as Hawaiian. However, in Hawaii, it’s not pineapple and ham, but pineapple and SPAM.

Why on earth would you put Spam on pizza? Frankly, I don’t like Spam at all.

(Yes, I know we’ll invariably get the song).
Being from Minnesota (the home of Hormel and birthplace of spam--you're welcome!--and having lived in Hawaii (highest per capita spam consumption in the world--call out to spam masubi!), I am well familiar with putting spam onto, into, or with all manner of food (it ain't that great by itself to be honest). So, yes, I would at least give spam pizza a chance.

Also, I had Pappa Johns burger pizza for the first time earlier this evening. It was...meh. BUT I learned that I like dill pickles on pizza.

payn

I don't believe in the no-win scenario
Being from Minnesota (the home of Hormel and birthplace of spam--you're welcome!--and having lived in Hawaii (highest per capita spam consumption in the world--call out to spam masubi!), I am well familiar with putting spam onto, into, or with all manner of food (it ain't that great by itself to be honest). So, yes, I would at least give spam pizza a chance.

Also, I had Pappa Johns burger pizza for the first time earlier this evening. It was...meh. BUT I learned that I like dill pickles on pizza.
Dill pickle pizza has taken MN by storm. Im ok with it.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I have found that most foods can be made enjoyable by a skilled, knowledgeable cook. I’ve personally experienced many examples of this.

None of them have involved Spam. And yes, I’ve tried masubi- it was edible, but nothing more.🤷🏾‍♂️

Remove ads