• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

prestige class for fighter

Scottharfield

First Post
i have a 6th level elven fighter.

STR: 16, DEX: 14, CON: 12, INT: 14, WIS: 10, CHA: 10.

i have a +1 glaive, +2 mithryl breastplate.
have the great cleave, endurence, dodge, short haft, combat reflexes, blah bla blah.:p

my deity is heiraneous, would like to switch to an olympian god tho, tan, blue eyes blonde hair,

i really want a good prerstiege class but cant find any in any of my books.... can i get some help plz?:D

xigbar

Explorer
1. None of that "blah blah blah" stuff. If you have other feats, say so, or we won't know what you qualify for. Second, what books are you using, so we know what you've eliminated already?

Scottharfield

First Post
Sorry bout that... just trying to remember, weapon focus: glaive, cleave, great cleave, endurence, dodge, short haft, combat reflexes and power attack thats all i can remember at this time. but i actually think thats all

the books i have are 3.5 ed: [FONT=&quot]Deities And Demigods, Epic Level Handbook, Weapons of Legacy, Arms And Equipment Guide, Players Handbook I & II, DMG I & II and Monster Manual I - IV[/FONT]

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Uh...you managed to assemble quite a lot of books without prestige classes...

You have Endurance feat, so you may qualify for Horizon Walker, which is IMO the best non-casting prestige class in core. It's kind of bland, but being able to get teleportation every d4 rounds at level 6 is something unique for a non-caster and worth the levels all on its own. The best terrain masteries, roughly in order: Desert, Underground, Plains, Hills. All the others are equally meh. Underground might be the best for you. For Planar, you absolutely want to grab Shifting first, then Cavernous. The options beyond that are all much, much worse. Try to wrok out some new planar options with the DM. Barring that, Fiery is probably next best, since fire damage is so common.

Anything else you'l probably need a dip somewhere else to achieve. You do not have Expanded Psionics Handbook, but its material is free online open gaming content. If you dipped Psychic Warrior, Psion, or Soulknife for a level, you could get the knowledge ranks and power points necessary to enter War Mind, which is a solid melee class. Once you're in, you would want to max the hell out of autohypnosis and concentration skills, and try to get that wisdom up (by items if needed) -- you need a wisdom of 10 + power level to use War Mind's powers and get more points for a high wisdom.

xigbar

Explorer
Everything Stream of the Sky said is good, Tome of Battle is nice as well. Probably Warblade. The 2nd level gets you 3rd level stances and maneuvers. Grab Eternal Blade, since you're an Elf, with some more Warblade levels. Or something like that.

cjosephs1s

First Post
Well I can think of several great ones that I would pick, but my goals might be waaay different than yours. So can you give us a little more detail about where you want your fighter to end up? Do you want him to be a dragon slayer? Do you want him to be a tough guy around town? Do you want him to be the ultimate magic slayer? Is he the stealthy fighter that kills for money? Give us a few ideas where you want him to end up and this will narrrow our search quite a bit and probably give you better quality ideas than just randomly picking prestige classes that you qualify for.

But two of my favorite Warrior PRCs are the Weapon Master (Sword and Fist pg 38) and the Warhulk (Miniatures Handbook pg 22)

Scottharfield

First Post
that is true as the dm of my group has quite a lot of books, my character is more a help people in need kind, but would gladly accept a reward for work done, my character is a very suspicious kind as on a recent adventure our mage was seduced by a half woman half spider lady and i kinda felt like she was bad news.

but i really want a class that can give not only more damage but more respect. i dont want to lose my glaive as i have gotten used to it and i really like glaives.

Remove ads