• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Prison Break the season premiere...now with spoilers

mmu1

First Post
I guess what breaks suspension of disbelief varies from person to person...

I'm willing to cut fiction a lot of slack when it comes to setting up a particular story (in this case, the coincidences leading to him actually being able to get into the same prison as his brother, a prison he helped design) as long as, once the setup is complete, the heroes don't constanly rely on happenstance, luck, and plot immunity to get things done. (the one thing I really didn't like so far is how easily the warden seemed to be taken in - because he just happened to be building a model of the Taj Mahal for his wife - but hopefully, there's more to the character than that)

In this case, I like the effort the writers have made to show how much work he must have put into engineering this thing, and the details he'd investigated... My favorite so far was the fact he had - apparently - gone so far as to get his hands on info as trivial as what the prison doctor's yearbook quote was. (and while having her become sympathetic to his point of view is a stretch, I'll wait and see how they develop it)

Although maybe I just like it more than I otherwise would because of the wonders of DVR - I recently stopped watching anything I haven't recorded and can't watch commercial-free, and found I suddenly enjoy TV a whole lot more. ;)

KaosDevice

Explorer
I was mixed. I'd agree with the assertation that the lead characters have some pull, it was pretty compelling watching those two interact. Plus I've always had a soft spot for Peter Stomare. I'm going to take a wait and see attitude on this one. If I'm not drawn in by episode 4 or so I'm going to give up on it.

One extremely bogus aspect of Prison Break:

Someone with Type 1 diabetes would need multiple insulin shots per day -- so Michael would be spending a lot of time in the infimary.

It's not completely clear from the show, but it seems like he is only going there every couple of days or at most once a day. Not nearly as often as he should be.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads