• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Prison Break the season premiere...now with spoilers

Just_Hal

First Post
So what ya all think.

SPOLIERS BELOW
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
V

I will watch it but it took the whole coincidence thing a bit too far.

The tattoo map, the diabetes, etc.... I will watch it but what I really want to know is how will they get to season 2 if it makes it?

They get caught at the end of season 1 so it starts all over again or what?

:p

mmu1

First Post
I'm not sure why you consider the tattoo map and the diabetes to be matters of coincidence - it's pretty obvious he faked his medical records somehow, and got the tattoo in a rush specifically to take it with him inside.

Sure, the fact he helped to re-design the prison is a huge one, but what's so unusual about a story based on the consequences of some really unlikely event? It stretches credibility a lot less than if (in the vein of very many shows and movies) he got into the place, and then hatched a plan based not on tons of foresight and preparation, but all sorts of impossible deductions and guesses that only he was capable of because he's just oh-so-special.

Anyway, I liked it. ;)

Just_Hal

First Post
mmu1 said:
I'm not sure why you consider the tattoo map and the diabetes to be matters of coincidence - it's pretty obvious he faked his medical records somehow, and got the tattoo in a rush specifically to take it with him inside.

Sure, the fact he helped to re-design the prison is a huge one, but what's so unusual about a story based on the consequences of some really unlikely event? It stretches credibility a lot less than if (in the vein of very many shows and movies) he got into the place, and then hatched a plan based not on tons of foresight and preparation, but all sorts of impossible deductions and guesses that only he was capable of because he's just oh-so-special.

Anyway, I liked it. ;)

I guess I meant how easy it all came together, I understand he is faking the diabetes. But the lasminye pill exchange etc....

Overall I liked it, but I felt they had to stretch it almost paper thin to make it work. I am still going to watch but I wanted to give my opinion.

stevelabny

Explorer
it wasn't bad.
it just wasn't that good either.

I wish they woulda showed me the tattoo as a whole, instead of moving parts. I have no feel for what it really looks like.

the thing that hurt my suspension of disbelief wasn't even that he worked for the company that had the plans of the prison... it was that nobody in the system seemed to realize that his brother was in the same prison, and that his whole crime and REQUEST TO BE PUT IN THE SAME PRISON was fishy. Yikes. IANAC (I am not a criminal) but I'd like to think that the system doesn't but family members and the like in the same prison.

Also, having the prison doctor be the governors daughter, and a hot chick who is open to the possibility of messing around with inmates, was a bit too much for me.

What the show does have going for it , is that both leads have that subtle sort of charisma where you want to find out what happens to them. (Same reason I watched John Doe)

But so far the supporting cast makes me cry.

Last edited:

Gab

First Post
stevelabny said:
the thing that hurt my suspension of disbelief wasn't even that he worked for the company that had the plans of the prison... it was that nobody in the system seemed to realize that his brother was in the same prison, and that his whole crime and REQUEST TO BE PUT IN THE SAME PRISON was fishy. Yikes. IANAC (I am not a criminal) but I'd like to think that the system doesn't but family members and the like in the same prison.

Actually, the brothers don't have the same (family) name. The young brother is a Scofield, while his brother is a Burrows. Half-brothers maybe? Or did the younger brother change his name to avoid suspicions?

I liked it. I like that Michael's carefully laid-out plan was starting to unravel in the 2nd episode; things were going a bit too smoothly for him in the first episode...

sabres

First Post
It is being relpayed Thursday night 8-10.

I read or heard somewhere that season 2 will be like the Fugitive, if it doesn't get cancelled.

Remove ads