D&D 5E Products You Would Like to See WotC Publish For 5E

What Products Should WotC Publish for 5E?

• Big Fat Campaign Settings (ex:FRCS)

Votes: 71 58.7%
  • Small Campaign Setting Gazateers (ex:The Dalelands)

Votes: 51 42.1%
  • Big Fat Player Oriented Rules Option Books (ex: PHB2)

Votes: 32 26.4%
  • Smaller (targetted) Player Oriented Rules Option Books (ex:Sword & Fist)

Votes: 36 29.8%
  • Full Sized Adventure Paths (ex:HotDQ)

Votes: 38 31.4%
  • Smaller Modules (ex:Forge of Fury)

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • DRAGON Magazine

Votes: 54 44.6%
  • DUNGEON Magazine

Votes: 67 55.4%
  • Big Fat DM Oriented Rules Books (ex: DMG 2)

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • Focused DM Oriented Books (ex:Dungeonscape)

Votes: 34 28.1%
  • Additional Monster Manuals

Votes: 64 52.9%
  • Monster Focus Books (ex:Draconomicon)

Votes: 21 17.4%
  • Setting Specific Monster Books (ex:Monsters of Faerun)

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Genre Mashing Books (ex:Heroes of Horror)

Votes: 18 14.9%
  • Edition "Style" Oriented Books (ex:"Grognard's Guide to Old School D&D")

Votes: 19 15.7%
  • Nothing

Votes: 2 1.7%

dracomilan

Explorer
Dungeon Magazine.
Free short adventures (like they did for 3.x)
And one Campaign Setting/year, each one with new archetipes and backgrounds that make it unique but do not mess with the general rules

Gecko85

Explorer
Some Twitter questions and responses from earlier today:

Christopher Perkins ‏@ChrisPerkinsDnD 19m19 minutes ago
“@monty_hedstrom: Any hints you can give of D&D content after Princes of the Apocalypse?”

Our marketing team has a big reveal in the works.

Christopher Perkins ‏@ChrisPerkinsDnD 8m8 minutes ago
“@Barantor: Is it what you've been working on or is that a different thing?”

Right now I'm working on the next seven years of D&D stories.

Quickleaf

Legend
I echo a lot of the opinions for return of DUNGEON, campaign settings, modular adventures, and monster manuals.

Another thing I'd like to see is a Book of Challenges, a DM focused book for all sorts of modular non-combat challenges, like chase templates, tons of traps & hazards, puzzles, riddles, and so forth. I would backstab a rogue for this ;)

Staffan

Legend
One thing that I'd really like is if they made a "D&D: Year Zero" product - either as a hardback or a boxed set.

What I mean is a setting that shares certain similarities with the Swedish RPG Mutant: Year Zero (though preferably with less bleakness). The world has been ravaged by some cataclysm or other, and people fled to some sort of long-term shelters to escape it (think the Vault from Fallout). The time has come to re-emerge and explore the world anew, and rebuild your community. You'd have some lore from the before-times, but some of it would have been corrupted through the time sheltered and other things would just be outdated.

The product would have a strong focus on hexcrawling - exploring the strange new world in which the characters find themselves. Much of it would be random, with some fixed points. There'd also be rules for the home community, both creating the starting state of it and how to improve it.

CapnZapp

Legend
One thing that I'd really like is if they made a "D&D: Year Zero" product - either as a hardback or a boxed set.

What I mean is a setting that shares certain similarities with the Swedish RPG Mutant: Year Zero (though preferably with less bleakness). The world has been ravaged by some cataclysm or other, and people fled to some sort of long-term shelters to escape it (think the Vault from Fallout). The time has come to re-emerge and explore the world anew, and rebuild your community. You'd have some lore from the before-times, but some of it would have been corrupted through the time sheltered and other things would just be outdated.

The product would have a strong focus on hexcrawling - exploring the strange new world in which the characters find themselves. Much of it would be random, with some fixed points. There'd also be rules for the home community, both creating the starting state of it and how to improve it.
My advice is to go play one of those post apocalypse games.

Not out of snark, but because I honestly believe this scenario isn't why people are playing fantasy.

Remove ads