D&D 5E Products You Would Like to See WotC Publish For 5E

What Products Should WotC Publish for 5E?

• Big Fat Campaign Settings (ex:FRCS)

Votes: 71 58.7%
  • Small Campaign Setting Gazateers (ex:The Dalelands)

Votes: 51 42.1%
  • Big Fat Player Oriented Rules Option Books (ex: PHB2)

Votes: 32 26.4%
  • Smaller (targetted) Player Oriented Rules Option Books (ex:Sword & Fist)

Votes: 36 29.8%
  • Full Sized Adventure Paths (ex:HotDQ)

Votes: 38 31.4%
  • Smaller Modules (ex:Forge of Fury)

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • DRAGON Magazine

Votes: 54 44.6%
  • DUNGEON Magazine

Votes: 67 55.4%
  • Big Fat DM Oriented Rules Books (ex: DMG 2)

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • Focused DM Oriented Books (ex:Dungeonscape)

Votes: 34 28.1%
  • Additional Monster Manuals

Votes: 64 52.9%
  • Monster Focus Books (ex:Draconomicon)

Votes: 21 17.4%
  • Setting Specific Monster Books (ex:Monsters of Faerun)

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Genre Mashing Books (ex:Heroes of Horror)

Votes: 18 14.9%
  • Edition "Style" Oriented Books (ex:"Grognard's Guide to Old School D&D")

Votes: 19 15.7%
  • Nothing

Votes: 2 1.7%

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
One thing that I'd really like is if they made a "D&D: Year Zero" product - either as a hardback or a boxed set.

What I mean is a setting that shares certain similarities with the Swedish RPG Mutant: Year Zero (though preferably with less bleakness). The world has been ravaged by some cataclysm or other, and people fled to some sort of long-term shelters to escape it (think the Vault from Fallout). The time has come to re-emerge and explore the world anew, and rebuild your community. You'd have some lore from the before-times, but some of it would have been corrupted through the time sheltered and other things would just be outdated.

The product would have a strong focus on hexcrawling - exploring the strange new world in which the characters find themselves. Much of it would be random, with some fixed points. There'd also be rules for the home community, both creating the starting state of it and how to improve it.

This sounds like a great idea. Well, not sure if a published setting would be popular, (it might, shared stories about how our vault destroyed the undead plant infestation...) but it would be a great homebrew.

Adding it to my list.

Staffan

Legend
My advice is to go play one of those post apocalypse games.

Not out of snark, but because I honestly believe this scenario isn't why people are playing fantasy.

Most post-apocalypse is too bleak for my tastes. They're usually "Oh crap, the world is going to hell and we'll have to do our best to survive!"

What I'm after is "The world went to hell but now it's getting better, and we survived and it's time to rebuild."

Most D&D settings have a post-apocalyptic element, with one or more fallen empires leaving ruins all over the place, but generally society has been rebuilt - likely a lesser society, but still. This would be getting in on the ground floor, so to speak.

Remove ads