Quick Draw usefulness?

Rafael Ceurdepyr

First Post
Could someone who's had experience with the Quick Draw feat explain to me the benefits of it? I know it's a pre-req for other feats, obviously, but is it mainly good for drawing hidden weapons?

Crothian

First Post
die_kluge said:
....otherwise it is as useless as 5 day old fish that's been left sitting out.

yes Curtis, like many feats it is useful for certain characters and useless for other. Nothing wrong with that.

Zoatebix

Working on it
What he said. Even darts don't count as ammunition - the only thrown weapon that works that way (like ammo) IIRC is the shuriken.

So if you want to rapid shot with your javelins or throwing axes or whatever, you'll need quick draw first.

the Lorax

First Post
It is useful for any character who intends to switch weapons in combat. Bow/crossbow users, and anyone who uses thrown weapons. I have a whip based character who switches from Whip to Long Sword to Light Crossbow during the course of combat, and for him I love it.

With the 3.5 damage reduction changes, and the "golf bag" of weapons, Quick Draw can be a good way to test the effectiveness of weapons rapidly.

Quick draw is vital to thrown weapon use, or at least to someone who choses to concentrate on using thrown weapons.

Edit:

Guess I shouldn't get up from the 'puter before sending the message...

isoChron

First Post
Charge with lance (on mount), then switch to sword and get a full attack instead of a single attack.
Quickdraw is very useful if you want to switch your weapon because the one you wield is
a) a ranged weapon in melee (and you are cornered)
b) ineffective due to DR
c) disarmed
d) thrown away and there are more to follow :)
e) reach weapon in close combat
f) dropped because you were stunned
g) greased by the spell
h) hot hot hot (heat metal)
i) is not the wand you need right now
j) ......

Every time a character of mine doesn't take quickdraw he regrets it. Sure you can move and draw a weapon but a full attack is so much worth in these short timed combats... :)

Remove ads