• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RE: Epic Level Characters and Divinity

Kaelynna

First Post
RE: Epic Level Characters and Divinity

Hello there everyone,

Is there any official information about Epic Level Characters being required to acquire divine ranks after "X" level. In other words, can an Epic Level Character be say level 40 or 50 and not have to achieve divine rank 0? I don't think Deities and Demigods or the Epic Level Handbook clarifies this.

Thanks all!
- K.

Liolel

First Post
I have only the epic level handbook but I'm almost certain that their is no offical rule on this. Also you can't go by the levels of the gods as the epic level handbook says that if you use the epic rules your want to toughen up the gods. Still the dm is free to houserule this as he wishs.

Kaelynna

First Post
Liolel said:
I have only the epic level handbook but I'm almost certain that their is no offical rule on this. Also you can't go by the levels of the gods as the epic level handbook says that if you use the epic rules your want to toughen up the gods. Still the dm is free to houserule this as he wishs.

That's pretty much what I figured. That the deity levels in the Deities and Demigods would have to be beefed up if the DM decides to use the Epic Level Handbook.

I wonder if Upper_Krust will beef 'em up in his Immortal's Handbook or perhaps a future immortal supplement ;)

- K.

Hecabus

First Post
Epic

My campaign is designed to go Epic (over half way there) and I am using the Deitys and Demigods as written, with one big exception. All the gods shown are the gods avatars. This allows me to actually use the gods at very high levels (if the games goes that long).

Enceladus

First Post
On top of all of their levels, in 3E gods are also 30HD outsiders. At least thats how it works out in FR. Not that I really worry about levels or hit dice where gods are concerned but those are the mechanics.

Remove ads