• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[re-recruiting] Academy of Drell [FULL]

Zhure

First Post
The players aren't posting nearly as often in the last month, so I've decided to add two more bodies to the mix and see if that will increase the dynamism and synergy. Specifically, I'm looking for two more players who can fit in easily to the scenario.

Any previous players are more than welcome to return, even those who've been gone for months. :)

The current OOC thread: http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14233&perpage=40

The current IC thread:
http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42045&perpage=40&pagenumber=3

A very brief synopsis: The academy has been invaded by an orcish army. Many of the citizens have been kidnapped and taken from the island. The current active group is preparing to make a foray after the missing islanders.

Here's the character building notes:
- Characteristic Array (15,14,13,12,11,10) [it's kind of like the default array, except no 8].

- Character must have a reason to be on the island of Drell where the premier Imperial Academy exists.

- Any class from The PHB and Psionics Handbook with no greater than a d6 in hit dice.

- 4th level to start.

- PHB races only.

- I think starting gold was standard from the DMG for PCs of 4th level, a maximum of 1/2 on any single item.

- hit points: Full at first level, then (1/2 die +1) each level thereafter. The Greyhawk method. Thus, d4 = 3; d6 = 4; d8 = 5; d10 = 6; d12 = 7.

I was planning on posting a zip archive of all the previous threads but it's too large, so you'll have to search for your own, or request a copy and I'll email it.

Please post here if you're interested or if you have questions. I'll alter the thread title to include the word "full" when there are two more candidates.

Greg

Last edited:

Zhure

First Post
Yes he was Keith. You'd be as welcome as the prodigal son if you'd like to return.

I'd be curious as to why you left - if it was game related or outside related. I try to be a satisfying DM, so I do take constructive criticism well, I think. :)

Greg

Tokiwong

First Post
Zhure said:
Yes he was Keith. You'd be as welcome as the prodigal son if you'd like to return.

I'd be curious as to why you left - if it was game related or outside related. I try to be a satisfying DM, so I do take constructive criticism well, I think. :)

Greg

I had taken several trips, and it was hard for me to catch up... the game was fun, though i got lost and getting lost lost my interest, but if it is still going I wouldn't mind trying it out, Keith was cool :)

Velenne

Explorer
I can post Trevellios Gondariel, a 4th level elven wizard, for ya tonight. Ultimately going for Guild Wizard (T&B). Check out Gangs of Texas, Resident Evil: Damnation, or the Star Wars Iconics games (I'm Kaz Lo) for my posting styles. I'm pretty good about posting at least 1/day.

Zhure

First Post
Elven Wizard sounds good. We're a bit short in the arcane department.

Sorry, no splatbook classes. I'm trying to keep things simple, but I am allowing most splatbook feats. If that sounds satisfactory, then I'll mark you down as one of the two new recruits.

Time for bed, so I'll check in again tomorrow.
Greg

-edit- for clarification, Tokiwong doesn't count against the two additional players I'm recruiting; as a previous player he's welcome back without reservations or quotas. :-D

Last edited:

Delgar

First Post
Am I reading this correctly, does that mean no Fighters/Rangers/Clerics/Paladins/Barbarians/Druids? Or was the d6 hitdice just for the Psionics Handbook?

- Any class from The PHB and Psionics Handbook with no greater than a d6 in hit dice.

I've never played on the boards before but I'm willing to give it a whirl. Posting 1/day shouldn't be a problem. If you still need a spot filled I can fill it.

Delgar

Jarval

Explorer
Delgar said:
Am I reading this correctly, does that mean no Fighters/Rangers/Clerics/Paladins/Barbarians/Druids? Or was the d6 hitdice just for the Psionics Handbook?

Not Zhure, but I am a player in the Drell game, so I hope I can help. The d6 rule is no Fighters/Rangers/Clerics/Paladins/Barbarians/Druids/other classes I've forgotten with more than a d6 for Hit Dice. The Academy is a training ground for scholars, arcane casters, and spies, which is reflected by the lower HD classes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads