Read the actual OGL document and take the survey when it comes out

Do what you like with the survey, but honestly I think the survey is just another compounding mistake on WotC's part, because it commits them to a window of not taking firm action when they really need to take a firm stance and lock down the situation, and needed to a week or two ago.

The problem for them right now is that no matter what they do it is a mistake. Even unconditional surrender might do more harm to them than good.

Of course not.

Your going to tell them they are wrong for going after the 1.0 OGL right?

Right?!

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
I am going to tell them I don't want a 1 week turn around for companies to complie, and not very happy with a 6 month one. If they have to make these channges I see no reason why the 'grandfather in' part can't last until 2 months before 1D&D hits shelves and even then should have a rider saying that if you took preorders or kickstarter in 2023 and it got delayed it can still deliver after that date...
But I am sure you wont be happy with that.

This would be very easy for them/their data analysis software to classify as "junk" data, and separate from the rest of the results.

You'll get responses like that even on surveys where the subject matter isn't as emotionally charged as this one is for this audience. That's why, on some forms, you'll get the same question asked different ways, where for one phrasing it makes sense to respond with a low rank, and the other with a high rank. A consistent and honest respondent wouldn't answer the same to both of those. That way you can filter out the people who aren't responding in a valuable way.
True. A more effective way of making the survey less useable would be to set up an auto-roller to generate random responses, weighted to group results just enough so that it doesn't look like random responses to an algorithm.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I don't think you understand.

Everyone figures they can build a clone of 5e in about 6 months
e.g. literally an exact clone, just without the proprietary IP:
example:

The creator world has moved on, one D&D is dead, long live the hundred D&D.
Alternate take: Don't. They proved already they can't be trusted. Leave them behind and never turn back.
1674146182606.jpeg

True. A more effective way of making the survey less useable would be to set up an auto-roller to generate random responses, weighted to group results just enough so that it doesn't look like random responses to an algorithm.
That would be a very unhelpful move. Why should someone sabotage a survey that might help WotC back on the right way?
Is this even legal to interfere with a survey in this way?

That would be a very unhelpful move. Why should someone sabotage a survey that might help WotC back on the right way?
Is this even legal to interfere with a survey in this way?
I had people on a FB group for OSR say they were going to but then stopped when they realized the would need to make thousands of twitch or Gmail accts for it to work

Remove ads