Recruitment for The Mist and the Moon

Mythmere

First Post
The Mist and the Moon

For Dagnos, let's replace the War domain with the following, which I think reflects his ethos more closely than Liberation:

Stamina (elements, mental assaults, con)
Granted power: Shake off blow. After any one physical attack damages you, you may reduce the damage from the blow by two points per cleric level. You must declare that you are shaking off the blow immediately after receiving the damage. Falling damage may be shaken off. This ability may be used once per day.

1 Endure elements
2 Endurance
3 Protection from Elements
4 Freedom of Movement
5 Break Enchantment
6 Heroes’ Feast
7 Regenerate
8 Iron Body
9 Unstoppable Fortitude

Unstoppable Fortitude
Transmutation
Level: Clr9
Components: V, S, M
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 minute/level
This spell hardens the caster’s body and imbues him or her with great toughness. The character gains +1 natural armor bonus to AC and damage reduction 50/+3. The character is immune to blindness, critical hits, ability score damage, deafness, disease, drowning, electricity, poison, stunning, and all spells or attacks that affect the character's physiology or respiration. The character takes only half damage from acid and fire of all kinds.
The character gains a +4 enhancement bonus to the character's Strength score.

Chronicler:
I'd love to have you join, but I don't see how a monk/paladin will fit in with the other classes already selected. It seems too lawful for the decidedly chaotic bent of the other characters. (also, I don't much like monks). Care to pick something different?:)

GoldenEagle

First Post
It looks like we could use some arcane power. I am going to start with a Halfling Rogue with a level of sorcerer and I may add a couple of sorcerer levels. I won't have much in the way of arcane spells like a regular wizard or Sorc though. I'll have details up this weekend.

GE

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Well, Cleric of Fjorn it is, then. War and Luck as my Domains. I didn't see a favored weapon for him. Battle Axe, Warhammer, some sort of sword?
I think I'll stick with Gnome as well :D
A Gnomish Priest of Bravado and Daring...I like it.

Mythmere

First Post
The Mist and the Moon

Fjorn's favored weapon would be axes of any kind (though for the purpose of the war domain, the character must select one of throwing axe, hand axe, battleaxe or greataxe).

Uriel is a gnomish cleric of Fjorn, GE is a halfling rog/sor, and Garyh is a human Brb1/Clr1 of Dagnos. Chronicler is still up for his class.

Uriel's cleric will have to be barbarian Teutonic. Garyh's character can be either a Teutonic or a Galtic barbarian. (hill tribes of both cultures live in log-palisaded fort-villages around the mountains).

GE can pick Teutonic or Galtic for his native culture.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Well, as I am a Small Character, I don't think I can use a Greataxe, but a Battle Axe is probably the right size for some butt-kicking.
I'll get him done asap

GoldenEagle

First Post
Chaotic Good
Hit dice 1d6+1d4 +2 (11 HP) [ Assuming full at 1st and rolled 3 for second]

Initiative +3

Speed 20’

AC: 16 / 23 with Shield spell (+2 Armor, +1 Size, +3 dex,)

Attacks/Damage: Dagger +5 AT / d4+2 Dam (crit 19-20 / x2) – Thrown
+1/+1 inside 30’

S. Bow +4 AT / d8+2 Dam (crit x3)
+1/+1 inside 30’

Dagger +3 AT / d4+2 Dam (crit 19-20 / x2), Melee

Face/reach: 5'by5'/5'
Special Attacks:
Special Defense:
Special qualities: Halfling Traits: +1 AC, AT, Saves, Thrown Weapons; +2 vs Fear, Listen, Climb, Jump, Move Silently; +4 Hide

Saves: fort +2, ref +6, Will +1

Abilities S 14 D 16 C 12 I 12 W 10 Ch 12

Skills: (Ranks/Total) Appraise (2/5), Balance (0/5), Climb (2/8), Disable Device (4/7), Hide (3/10), Jump (2/6), Listen (2/4), Move Silently (4/9), Open Lock (4/9), Search (4/5), Spot (4/4), Tumble(5/8), Concentration (3/4)

Feats Point Blank Shot

Spells (5/4) 0- Mage Hand, Open / Close, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound
1 – shield, expeditious retreat

Equipment Magnifying Glass, MW Thieves Tools, Leather Armor, Short Sword, 10 Daggers, 100’ silk rope, MW climbing Kit, 2 tanglefoot bags, 4 bags caltrops, sliver mirror, 5 sunrods, mighty composite short bow(+2), 20 arrows/quiver, 15 PP, 9 GP, 9 SP, 10 CP

I am still working on a name although I may just steal one of the earlier examples. This character will definitely be Galic.

GE

Chonicler

First Post
Sure, how about some mix of ranger/Monte's ranger, druid, or fighter? My concept is that he was exiled from his home town for an as-yet-undetermined crime and lived in the wilderness, something of a hermit, preying on the (very) occasional hunting party as revenge and also to gain needed supplies, until <insert plot hook>.

I want him to be a ranger-type without being a treehugger; he's more of a lone bandit who's come into his abilities (and possibly spellcasting) by necessity, and he's really not a 'kill trespassers into the forest, act shocked at burning trees, and has no idea how to behave in civilization'-type. He was definitely raised in a city and knows how to act, and his period of exile may or may not be over - he doesn't care anymore, and if it's not over and necessity dictates that he enters a city, he won't be averse to that.

Sound good?

garyh

First Post
I'm going to be going with a Galtic human Brb1/Clr1 of Dagnos with the Strength and Stamina domains. I'll have him statted up today probably. Oh, and his neck will be bigger than his head. :D

garyh

First Post
Jarsan Hallaser

Male Human Brb1/Clr1 of Dagnos: HD 1d12+1d8+4; hp 21; Init +2 (+2 Dex); Spd 40ft; AC 18 (+2 Dex, +4 Armor, +2 Shield); Reach 5ft, Melee masterwork warhammer, +4 (1d8+2/crit 20/x3); Ranged longbow, +3 (1d8/crit 20/x3, range 100'); SA Rage 1/day, Turn Undead 4/day; SQ Fast Movement; AL CG; SV Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +4; Str 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 12.

Skills (total/ranks): Climb (2/4), Concentration (5/1), Jump (2/4), Listen (6/4), Profession (Brewer) (3/1), Swim (including gear) (-5/4).

Feats: Endurance, Skill Focus (Concentration).

Languages: Common.

Class Features:

Profecient in all Simple and Martial Weapons, as well as all Armor and Shields.
Rage 1/day.
Turn Undead 4/day.
Spontaneous casting (postive energy).

Spells:

Strength, Stamina domains.
Spells per day: 0th - 3, 1st 2+1
Spells typically prepared: 0th - detect magic, light, read magic, 1st - bless, divine favor, endure elements (domain)

Possessions (worn): chain shirt, large wooden shield, masterwork warhammer, longbow, short sword, daggers (2), arrows (20), holy symbol (silver, Dagnos), backpack, explorer's outfit. Also owns light warhorse and mule.

Possessions (in backpack): flint and steel, potion of cure light wounds, 1 PP, 19 GP, 7 SP, 7 CP.

Possessions (on light warhorse): military saddle, saddlebags.

Possessions (on mule): pack saddle, bedroll, climber's kit, rope (silk, 50'), sack, torches (3), trail rations (5 days), waterskin, arrows (50).

Total carried gear weight: 57.5 lbs.
Capacity: 58 lbs./116 lbs./175 lbs.

Description: 6'2", 240. Age 19. Red hair, green eyes. Though no one would confuse Jarsan with being bright, he does have a good bit of common sense that will show itself given a moment, and is an altogether likeable guy.

History: Jarsan has spent a goodly amount of time in taverns, never having much purpose except occassionally hiring out as a guard. One day, a passing cleric of Dagnos came through Jarsan's usual tavern preaching the gospel of Dagnos: "Be strong, drink deep, belch mightily." Well, Jarsan had what would have to be called an epiphany. He vowed that day to preach the good word of Dagnos to all who would listen, and has been traveling the land doing Dagnos' work in every tavern he comes across.

Last edited:

Remove ads