• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Redclaw's Eyes of the Lich Queen OOC

EvolutionKB

First Post
I asked WotC customer some questions, here is what I have:

EvolutionKB said:
I have a couple question regarding the duskblade and their arcane channeling ability. The spell Chill touch allows one touch per caster level. Can the duskblade use arcane channeling to make the initial touch and every opponent hit thereafter is subject to chill touch? Or does the normal duration not apply in this case? Finally, when using arcane channeling to channel shocking grasp, do you gain the bonus on the attack roll if the opponent is wearing or mostly made of metal?

WotC Cust Service said:
To answer your questions, yes, the arcane channeling ability would make every opponent(up to the character's caster level) hit by a melee attack after casting Chill Touch subject to its effects. Also, you will gain the bonus on an attack roll against mostly metal opponents while channeling shocking grasp. Please let me know if you need anymore help!

This okay with you Redclaw?

Redclaw

First Post
I agree on the chill touch answer. My only issue with shocking grasp is logic-based, which says having the electricity discharge through the armor wouldn't help the sword penetrate. How about we say if your roll is in the range given by the bonus it does the shocking damage but not the weapon damage? Thus if the AC is 20 and your roll totals 19, the opponent would take the 5d6 electricity, but no damage from your flail.

WakkaWakka

First Post
I'm sorry, but as of tomorrow I'll be router-less (and thus internet-less), for about two weeks.
I'll be back after that, without fail - but two weeks are long.
I'd appreciate it if you could npc me or something for that time, but for flow's sake you may prefer to find a replacement, or just have Cholas catch a swift death in the jungle. Poor Cholas... Tal, don't leave his demise unavenged!

Redclaw

First Post
Actually, I'm about to go south for the holidays for a week or so. I was planning to do my best from a distance, but if everyone else is okay with it we can take a brief hiatus, and then I can NPC Cholas for a while. I'm enjoying the brotherly interaction too much to be happy writing it off so quickly.

WakkaWakka

First Post
An hour from now, the router will be gone.

Thank you for the patience... oh, and Alexa, I'm sorry but your present will be late ;)

Merry analogic christmas!

Redclaw

First Post
I'm getting back home this evening, so we can start things back up, slowly, if you all are ready. I know Wakka's gone for another few days, but we can do a little bit more (purchasing, gather info, etc) before he returns.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Just out of curiosity, would this be a legitimate magic item in this game? I don't know if there's something else comparable in the magic item compendium or similar, but it's something I included in my own Q'barra adventure so it occured to me to propose it as a potential item.

Boots of the Marshes: This footgear allows the wearer to move more freely in the marshes. The wearer is able to travel across marshes (including bogs, hedgerows, and undergrowth) at his normal speed, leaving no tracks. In addition, these boots grant the wearer a +5 bonus to swim checks made to move through a bog or escape from quicksand.
Faint abjuration and transmutation; CL 2nd; Craft Wondrous Item, pass without trace, surefooted stride, creator must have 5 ranks in the swim skill; Price 2,500 gp; Weight 1 lb.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads