D&D 4E Reply if you love 4e

Zaphling

First Post
4e is so easy that while you're DMing a game, you can also cook dinner, change the baby's diaper, pick up your wife from her parent's house, play Xbox, and watch a movie! :)

but seriously, I love 4e.

Herschel

Adventurer
This is a great factor. I don't even know what's on the PC's sheets. Oh I know the wizard is built around Magic Missile, and the War Priest's anti-undead power can Push 9, but mostly the players just tell me what happens and I roll with it. Awesome.

PS

I'm with you, huzzah!

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Tomorrow I'll hopefully be running my first session after a (painfully long) 3-week hiatus. I can't wait to get back into it! :)

During these three weeks, I have (for sanity's sake) put barely any thought into what I'll be doing this session, and the best part is - I will still be fully ready to go after only a few minutes of prep. To be fair, I did my plot framework a long time ago, but the details like monsters and treasure and whatnot are now the minor part that I'd prefer them to be.

Game on, folks! :D

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
Great thread.

Great game.

As a DM I appreciate the significantly lower prep time... and yet I can still create a stat block and mechanically reflect the race, class, template, theme and/or creature combination that I want. That rocks!

Phebius

First Post
Great thread.

Great game.

As a DM I appreciate the significantly lower prep time... and yet I can still create a stat block and mechanically reflect the race, class, template, theme and/or creature combination that I want. That rocks!

The degree in which this is true really can't be overstated. In last night's game, two players had to cancel at the last minute (like almost literally) and so suddenly instead of 6 PCs going against a death cult I had 4 going against, well who knows? When they wound up going in a completely different direction, it took me less than 5 minutes to create a completely functional and balanced encounter involving non standard monsters. Couldn't have done that without fudging in previous editions.

Klaus

First Post
Several have mentioned the combats, but I'll go ahead and mention the improvisational tools. From the DC/Damage By Level table to the many "Improvising with [Skill]", I can run a D&D game with just one table and no minis if I want to.

Remove ads