• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rich beyond dreams (El Jefe Judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Phoenix is 201 XP away from lvl 4. The XP for time spent adventuring of 50/lvl/month will easily take her the rest of the way to level 4 as soon as we officially close this adventure. We are 4 days away from exactly 11 months since the first post of this adventure, so that should be 150 (50 x lvl 3) x 11 months = 1,650 XP. This will leave her at 7,449/10,000 XP needed for 5th level. I already have her upgrades for lvl 4 picked and will just need to modify her sheet and get approved to be ready to go for the next adventure.

So, we have a Soulknife and a Ranger. We could use an Arcane caster, a Healer, what about a Rogue? You think we would need another fighter type more than someone for traps and locks? Or maybe all 4 for a total party of 6? Anyway, for however many we get we would split that other 4,500 GP as a starting payment between all of them/us with a promise of more after completing the mission?

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
So, we have a Soulknife and a Ranger. We could use an Arcane caster, a Healer, what about a Rogue? You think we would need another fighter type more than someone for traps and locks? Or maybe all 4 for a total party of 6? Anyway, for however many we get we would split that other 4,500 GP as a starting payment between all of them/us with a promise of more after completing the mission?

OOC - Aye, some primary casters would be great. I think we should grab as many as we can, after all we started out with 5 and ended up with only 2 after a few months. A rogue would be okay, though I wouldn't mind another fighter type like you. More meat between me and the baddies the better! =P I agree about splitting the other reward once they agree to the recruitment and actually join the new thread.

BigB

First Post
ooc: A rogue would be helpful although someone to do some heavy hitting may be of help in more situations than a rogue. Not sure who or what will be available anyway. You can always throw platemail on Lookspring and have him lead :lol:

With trading complete the sailors focus on loading the ship for the return trip. What are your plans for loading and storing your new treasure. The chests do not have locks as the natives do not use metal like the civilized world and do not have theft problems.

ooc: I will be out of town til monday but will try to post from my phone although it will depend on reception and the ability to charge the battery.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: BigB, not trying to be greedy here or anything but I noticed something from earlier in the adventure. I don't see where there was a GP value given for the pearls we were paid for destroying the undead in the well (post #160) and for getting the water flowing again (post #477) right before trading was done. If those awards are included in the 9,000 that's fine I just didn't notice any value listed with them at the time so I wondered. Also we didn't have GP values for the gold nuggets we found in the locked box. If these AREN'T included in that 9,000 GP, then great! :D But I just thought I'd ask. (The only treasure I have recorded as receiving is the 257 GP from trading, the 200 GP bonus from the ship captain, and the 4,500 GP for the Dwarven stuff.)

BigB

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
OOC: BigB, not trying to be greedy here or anything but I noticed something from earlier in the adventure. I don't see where there was a GP value given for the pearls we were paid for destroying the undead in the well (post #160) and for getting the water flowing again (post #477) right before trading was done. If those awards are included in the 9,000 that's fine I just didn't notice any value listed with them at the time so I wondered. Also we didn't have GP values for the gold nuggets we found in the locked box. If these AREN'T included in that 9,000 GP, then great! :D But I just thought I'd ask. (The only treasure I have recorded as receiving is the 257 GP from trading, the 200 GP bonus from the ship captain, and the 4,500 GP for the Dwarven stuff.)

ooc: I left the actual values out for the nuggets and pearls because there may be some bartering back in Orussus when you cash them in or get them appraised etc... So, no they are not included in 9000 gp. ;)

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Sweeeeeeet! :cool:

Phoenix talks with Lookspring about transporting the treasure. "So, do you wanna load this ourselves? Of course, that means leaving the rest of these chests behind while we move each one. As for on the ship, we could each take turns watching all of the treasure if we keep it in one room. Or, if we pay out a small bit of it, we pay for some villagers or sailors to help us move and load it aboard or even to help guard it for us. On the whole though, I think we've helped out the sailors and the villagers enough to earn their trust and ensure that nothing is gonna happen to our treasure. What do you think?"

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"I wouldn't trust those sailors any farther than I could throw one. The second we're out of sight they'll be rifling through our treasure to line their own pockets. Half of them are probably pirates, all depending on what ship they sign on for each year. I've got a lock and a chest I brought from Orussus, but theres too much treasure to fit in one chest. We'll have to use their chests and pack the insides with thick leaves to muffle the clinking sounds. Then we'll tell the captain that they're full of local trinkets and stone carvings that we traded for to sell back in Orussus. He would probably try to get a cut of our treasure if he knew what we really had, if he didn't just throw us overboard the moment we raised anchor.
Find that shaman, he can tell us which of his people are the most trustworthy and they can help carry the chests. We'll take it all in one trip so none of it is out of our sight."

Before setting out, Lookspring hunts down the old woman who took his wolf head. He turns the finished product over a few times and examines its craftsmanship carefully. With a satisfied grunt, he places it upon his head and admires his new look. When raised he can see out clearly through the wide open mouth. For a more fearsome look, he pulls the head down until he can see out the eye holes with his own face hidden behind the wolfs menacing snarl.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix agrees to Looksprings plans for transporting and hiding the treasure. She helps put the plan into motion as soon as possible so they can get going. Saying farewells (for now) to the tribes Chieftan, Shaman, and Huntmaster, she tells them that she and Lookspring will return as soon as they can with help to battle the growing danger to their village.

BigB

First Post
Phoenix and Lookspring are able to get help from some of the villagers in loading their treasure although they receive a few stares from some of the crew, the treasure is just able to fit in the area that Captain Purdy designated for their storage. During the loading process they see that the Captain has a sizeable cargo as well although it is easy to guess his cargo is worth far less.

Shortly after loading is completed the Captain approaches Phoenix and Lookspring. You did good work there. I think your efforts have given us a solid foundation for a trade route here. We shall sail at first light as I want to make sure we have very good visibility while making our way through the reef. Our guide is missing for a few days now. Perhaps he wandered too far away from camp and met some hungry beast. We have found no sign of him.

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Sailing at first light sounds good to me." Phoenix replies to the Captain. "But you say the guide is missing? Do you mean Uggla? It would be a shame to have lost him now after all we did to save him and bring him this far. But surely now that you know the way, you shall not have troubles finding our way back to Orrossus? Let alone returning here again when you wish. And speaking of returning, I wondered if you had plans to resupply in Orrussus and return here with more cargo to trade? You see, the villagers have discoverd some problems growing nearby that they are concerned about and asked myself and Lookspring to gather more adventurers back in Orrussus and return to see if we can't root out and take care of the problem for them. So I ask to see if there is any way we might again journey with you if you should be coming this way on a return trading trip. If you are not of course, some other arrangements will have to be made." she finishes while waiting to hear the Captain's response.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads