Rise of the Necromancer IC

eayres33

Explorer
The rain began to pick up as across the street from the inn a female human dressed in black leather armor, tunics and pants with a black traveling cloak lights a pipe. A few doors down another light sparks as a scruffy looking man in the same attire lights his pipe, and another door down from him a dwarf in similar attire lights his pipe as his hand caresses the hilt of his weapon.

Fradak

Explorer
Djahakar take his handaxes out and growl deeply. " Got a bad feeling about this. They smell like some Satar guys I hunted once. The good thing is if they wanted us dead, we would know it. "

eayres33

Explorer
The rain is coming down quite heavily as the group approaches the blacksmith’s shop belonging to Frank Baton. The three humanoids that were seen smoking on the doorsteps outside the inn have followed the group at a distance, only one of them would be in sight at a time but they made no other attempts to hide the fact that they were following them.

Frank Baton was a rough looking man whose face looked like he was approaching fifty years of age but had the build of a much younger man. He looked up from the forge a glowing red sword in one hand and a hammer in the other as four of the rage tag group entered his building.

“You buying something, or you got work for me to do.” Frank said with a less than friendly glare in his eyes. “I don’t do charity work, my times worth money so if you don’t have any, you best get out now.”

GM:
I am moving this along a bit. I have Casca and Lola waiting outside the door, they can come in at anytime once their players are ready to return.

The group tailing you has made no aggressive actions towards the group, and has not made any attempt to communicate with them. They are merely following an observing.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"No, we are not here to buy something," began Kaleban reasonably. Suddenly his face grew red and swollen and he roared, "Give us something we can use against Reign Tomas, Dog! Or I will burn your shack to the ground with you in it. Reign Tomas, worm! What are his weaknesses? Speak, or I will eat your eyeballs!"

As if to accentuate the point, his eyes burst into flames and a forked tongue shot out of his mouth, licking his lips in a strained smile.

[roll0]

...Or maybe that's what he thought he was doing, but it came out as a squeak and a cough, and he looked like a man about to be sick, rather than a horrible demon, as Kaleb pulled Anorthax under control.

Fradak

Explorer
"Ok pinkskin, you’d do better to tell us everything. But to make sure it happens, I brought along a friend of mine. Be careful of that man, he is a wolf in sheep`s clothing. As you can see, I'm trying to be the good guy here but patience is not one of my virtue, so be quick about it or I'll let him do his things. "

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: I guess you're all bad cops.

Boros seems taken aback by the sudden aggression. "Wow. What's wrong with you? Relax, we're not enemies."

He pulls out some gold he has from a coinpurse. "I would not be opposed to purchasing something, but we're only really in the market for words. As you can tell, some of my friends are on edge... all the time. I'm, personally, not looking for a fight. Nothing to be gained from that. Also I don't think threatening someone with a red-hot forge is a great idea either way."

[roll0] Persuasion + initially offering 15 gold as a bit of a bribe.

eayres33

Explorer
The blacksmith looked hard at Kaleban and the Gnoll before lightening his expression to speak to Boros, “Well words aren’t my normal wears but I’m not opposed to exchanging them for coin.”

Frank takes the gold coins and goes on to describe the same general weakness the group has already heard before wiping the sweat from his brow and continuing anew. “I suspect that if you know to look for me for information on Reign that you already know most if not all of that. I don’t know what you want with Reign and I don’t really care but if you want to draw him out of his palace, I can help, well I can help if you make it worth my while.”

“I can get him to a tavern, or meeting somewhere else in public, while he doesn’t owe me anymore favors he still owes me an audience. I can get him to a location of your choosing as long as it isn’t a dark alley or something like that, that would be a harder sell than I am capable of.”

Frank spits on the ground and grabs a water skin of the far wall and takes a drink. “It will cost you, say and additional thirty gold, and I have my meeting and leave before you move in to talk, or try to kill him or whatever you are trying to do. I will warn you the man is a force and it is too your detriment to underestimate him.”

GM:

From time to time Frank's eyes move away from the group he is watching something outside the structure through the large open windows.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Well that sounds good... "That sounds about right. We just want to invite him out, which I imagine shouldn't be much of a problem. We have a few other missives to deliver, I think, but I'm fairly certain we can agree to compensate you for your time. I'll have to make sure the others are fine with such and such though."

Remove ads