log in or register to remove this ad

 

Rise of the Necromancer IC

Fradak

Explorer
When Bones arrived yelping, Djahakar understood someone was coming.

"Looks like we have company, guys. I go check it. Keep going, I'll catch you back. "[/ooc]

Hidden in the dark, away from the torches' lights, Djahakar makes his way to the entry, closely followed by Bones. A smile appeared on his face when he recognized the silhouette standing near the gates.

Whispering, "Hey, what took you so long? Come on, the others are inside.

You know the drill Bonesy. "


Djahk makes a quick scan to check if something moves outside before returning inside the crypt.
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad




eayres33

Explorer
As the party made their way deeper into the crypt the air grew heavy and stale. Carved into what appears to be the back wall of the crypt is a long narrow chamber 15 feet by 40 feet. On both sides of the door are torches that illuminate the outside of the chamber in bright light and the chamber itself in dim light.

The chamber doors are made of gold and are locked, while inside the chamber are two suits of armor standing upright and a casket made of marble with the lying figure of a noble man carved into the top. There are several other stone and wood cabinets and containers in the chamber. The wood ones are starting to show their age.
 

After opening the door, Kaleban returns the keys to his belt. He extends a hand, and a red, clawed, ghostly version of his hand extends forward. He shoves one of the suits of armour to see if it reacts. "Anyone in there?"

(Mage Hand, 10lbs of pressure)
 

Fradak

Explorer
Djahakar drops the guards on the ground and checks if they are still out and tied up.

When the red demonic hand appeared from nowhere, Djahk instinctively raised his axe and stepped back from Kaleban, letting out a "By the Nine!". Then watching closely when he poked the armor and talked to it, Djahk turned to Kaleban looking down at him in disbelief.

"I'd like to see things from your point of view, really..."

Djahakar takes out a torche from the wall and approaches the entry. "Ok then, I'll do it. We all bloody die, after all."
Before entering, he kneels, inspecting the floor narrowly. Then slowly raises his glance to spot any trace of traps or recent visits. If everything seems safe, he precociously enters the room.

"OK common, chickens. It's safe. Scaly, check this casket out. Your lizard senses may catch something..."

 
Last edited:


"That is a splendid trick you have there. Lothoc said as he tapped Kaleban on his shoulder. "Do not get your Fur in a knot Feral Friend. It does look like the best Place to look does it not?
He slowly enters the room and makes a quick Investigation for anything out of place with the Casket.
 
Last edited:

Fradak

Explorer
OOC: Assuming everything is ok.

Scanning the whole room, Djahk stays vigilant. Eventually, his attention focuses on the casket. He starts a meticulous inspection, walking around the carved man. Is there a name on it? Maybe he can see an amulet sculpted on the statue itself? It's the only tomb in here anyway... Estimating the weight of the top stone, Djahk calls the muscles for backup.

"Scaly, Gagsbag, let's finish this job. Kooky, don't stay too close, you never know. Are you guys ready? Push!"
 
Last edited:


eayres33

Explorer
GM:
The room looks in order to Lothoc with no traps or levels that can be seen. The only thing that looks off is the top of the casket, some of the markings do not seem to line up.
 


eayres33

Explorer
GM:
They do not line up as if the top had been removed before and that when it was replaced it does not fit the same way as it did before.
 

Fradak

Explorer
OOC: Djahk did a survival roll to check if somebody visit the place recently. Did he get anything corroborating Lothoc observations?
 

eayres33

Explorer
GM:
Djahk notices two very faint sets of tracks in the dust, they have almost faded away, one regular paced and one larger with its feet either heavy, or dragging.
 


Reaching over to Djahakar as he was going over the casket Lothoc put his hand on his shoulder and slight pulled him back.
"Let us be careful, it seems like the top has been moved and has not been placed back correctly."
He then toke a few steps towards the casket and placed his hands on the edge ready to push it off.
"Djahakar, come and let us open this to see if the Heirloom is still there."

 

eayres33

Explorer
As Lothoc touches the edge of the casket a loud guttural groan is heard from inside and the lid flies through the air as a severely rotted form of an Orge Zombie emerges.

GM:
Djahk cannot tell how long ago the tracts were made.
If I can get everyone to role initiative. I will get a layout of the room posted tomorrow sometime. The Zombie is at around half strength due to its state of advanced decomposition.

[sblock=Orge Zombie]
Largeundead, neutralevil
ArmorClass 8 HitPoints 45 Speed30ft.
STR 19 +4 DEX 6 (-2) CON 18 (+4) INT 3 (-4) WIS 6 (-2) CHA 5 (-3)
Saving Throws Wis +0
Damage Immunities poison
Condition Immunities poisoned
Senses darkvision 60ft., passive Perception 8
Languages understands Common and Giant but can’t speak
Undead Fortitude. If damage reduces the zombie to 0 hit points, it must make a Constitution saving throw with a DC of 5+ the damage taken, unless the damage is radiant or from a critical hit. On a success, the zombie drops to 1 hit point instead.
Actions
Morningstar. Melee Weapon Attack:+6to hit,reach5ft., one target. Hit 1d8+4 bludgeoning damage [/sblock]

 


Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top