Rowaini Musketeers: One For All and All For One

Rystil Arden

First Post
unleashed said:
“That sounds like a fine idea, Jacen, though you should be careful about picking up any of his bad habits,” Gabriel chuckles, glancing at Hyacinthe. “As for travelling with Tommy to the monastery, while it isn’t on my list of places to visit, I suppose we can help out seeing as we’re at a loose end.”
"Oh boy!" Marie smiles widely, but then she frowns, "Do you think Jacen will be safe?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
Shayuri said:
"I've been thinking about it," Jacen agrees.

"I want to let him know about the curse thing early on. Just in case he gets wind of the disguise. Best case, he hands the gem over in a fit of delight and I can either get away or defeat him without that distraction. Worst case, he figures out what's going on before I can get the stone, and I have to get it away from him without breaking it...especially if he doesn't hear or believe the story about it."

He gives Richard a curious look.

"What IS all this about a curse anyway?"
"It's not exactly a curse...but I can't speak more of it than what has been said to anyone. I'm sorry. I know you're just here to help, but I can't even tell Guillaume or Sabine or Gerald."

"If he's as crazy as Tristan says, then he might try to destroy it if you tell him. Some kind of 'If I can't have her, no one can' thing. What could you do if that happened?"

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"Oh boy!" Marie smiles widely, but then she frowns, "Do you think Jacen will be safe?"
“Oh, I’m sure he’ll be fine, after all he did manage to earn a place in the musketeers,” Gabriel grins, “So when will Tommy be leaving for the monastery?”

Shayuri

First Post
Jacen scratches the back of his head uncomfortably.

"My first job is trying to make sure it never comes to that. I'll approach him from the direction of the sun, so he can't see me too clearly, and ask for the stone first and foremost. I've been practicing that one line in Marie's voice, and I think it's fairly convincing...I hope. Once I have it, things get easier."

"But if he makes a move like he's going to destroy it, then I'll have to just try to grab it, or him and try to stop him."

"I will do whatever I have to." He grins and curtsies. "See?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I hope not. I've been busy enough recently that I haven't had time to do the big update with substantial fast-forwarding that it seems would be appropriate soon. I can, however, keep the current scenes going a bit longer if people would like, while I wait for the time to go boldly forth. As such--)

“Oh, I’m sure he’ll be fine, after all he did manage to earn a place in the musketeers,” Gabriel grins, “So when will Tommy be leaving for the monastery?”

"He's leaving today. I told him to stop by here and check with us because I was hoping we could accompany him. He'll be here later this afternoon. Is that okay?"

"I will do whatever I have to." He grins and curtsies. "See?"

*Richard laughs.*

"Indeed, so I see. Keep yours wits about you at all times--according to Tristan, he may seem a buffoon, but his fool's appearance belies his cunning."

Shayuri

First Post
Jacen nods and plucks at the waist of the skirt absently.

"No fool could threaten him like that...not without help," he agrees. Then he glances at Richard.

"This probably seems silly, but I'm curious and it seems like we have a little time. I'd like to know more about this 'leyshar' thing that lady mentioned. I remember it was some kind of monster from tales?"

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"He's leaving today. I told him to stop by here and check with us because I was hoping we could accompany him. He'll be here later this afternoon. Is that okay?"
“Sure. It’ll give us a fine reason to move on too, without heading back to the capital. Is the monastery in the same direction our lovely damsel needs to travel, by chance?” Gabriel asks, unable to hold back a chuckle at Jacen’s current situation.

Remove ads