Rowaini Musketeers: One For All and All For One

Shayuri

First Post
Jacen nods, his face tight under the bonnet and ringlets of his own unnaturally, to him, long hair. He unconsciously fiddles with the handle of the dagger concealed at the small of his back under a sash.

"I understand," he says in a voice that's quiet to help disguise it. It's in the right tonal register, but lacks the well trained crystal clarity of Marie's own voice.

"I'm ready."

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Shayuri said:
Jacen nods, his face tight under the bonnet and ringlets of his own unnaturally, to him, long hair. He unconsciously fiddles with the handle of the dagger concealed at the small of his back under a sash.

"I understand, father," he says in a voice that's quiet to help disguise it. It's in the right tonal register, but lacks the well trained crystal clarity of Marie's own voice.

"I'm ready."
(OOC: Richard is the eldest brother ;))

Rystil Arden

First Post
Shayuri said:
(sigh. Fixed. I keep thinking King Richard... :))
"Just work on your diction. Remember 'The rain in Rowain falls mainly on the plain.' ," Richard laughs, "Let's be on the way then."

*Richard, Guillaume, and Jacen mount up on three steeds and head off towards the plains. Along the way, they discuss strategy.*

"So, have you worked on your gameplan for what's going to happen once you get there. Best to consider best case and worst case scenarios both."

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"Women...I don't know how that's going to work. I'll try with the rest of it though. Yay for swordplay! I'm glad to see you're willing to flout my father's wishes. You guys rock! C'est formidable! Am I going to have to learn how to gamble too? What games should I know?"
“I’m sure we’ll find a way, though it shouldn’t be much of a change as Jacen’s quite shy around the ladies … most of the time anyway,” Gabriel chuckles glancing at Marie. “As for gambling, well you won’t really have to learn as he’s just starting out himself, but it couldn’t hurt to be taught a few things…”

unleashed

First Post
Velmont said:
"If you wish, Masters" tells Hyacinthe to Tristan and Gabriel "I can stay with mistress so I can give her some advice all the time. It is not unusual to see a musketeer with his laquais around him at anytime."
“Yes Hyacinthe, I heard you the first time,” Gabriel grins, “And I think that would be a wonderful idea, if for no other reason than to provide a little added protection for our newest musketeer. I might even make a spectacle of myself in sending you away for a time.”

Shayuri

First Post
"I've been thinking about it," Jacen agrees.

"I want to let him know about the curse thing early on. Just in case he gets wind of the disguise. Best case, he hands the gem over in a fit of delight and I can either get away or defeat him without that distraction. Worst case, he figures out what's going on before I can get the stone, and I have to get it away from him without breaking it...especially if he doesn't hear or believe the story about it."

He gives Richard a curious look.

"What IS all this about a curse anyway?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
unleashed said:
“I’m sure we’ll find a way, though it shouldn’t be much of a change as Jacen’s quite shy around the ladies … most of the time anyway,” Gabriel chuckles glancing at Marie. “As for gambling, well you won’t really have to learn as he’s just starting out himself, but it couldn’t hurt to be taught a few things…”
"Maybe I can practise learning how to play cards with Hyacinthe while he's waiting with me," Marie suggests, "Oh, and since we're free for a while, can we go help Tommy travel to the monastery to be ordained?"

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"Maybe I can practise learning how to play cards with Hyacinthe while he's waiting with me," Marie suggests, "Oh, and since we're free for a while, can we go help Tommy travel to the monastery to be ordained?"
“That sounds like a fine idea, Jacen, though you should be careful about picking up any of his bad habits,” Gabriel chuckles, glancing at Hyacinthe. “As for travelling with Tommy to the monastery, while it isn’t on my list of places to visit, I suppose we can help out seeing as we’re at a loose end.”

Remove ads