• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scotley's Tomb of Horrors 3.5

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Harrison can attack the boat this round with a bow. One caveat; however, the boat is beyond the full area of a web spell meaning it has cover unless you move to one side at least 60' from the back door of the inn.

Graybeard

Explorer
Zorn will dimension door next to the edge of the water. This will put him in range of the fleeing boat and between the water and the 2 other men at arms.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Scotley said:
OOC: Harrison can attack the boat this round with a bow. One caveat; however, the boat is beyond the full area of a web spell meaning it has cover unless you move to one side at least 60' from the back door of the inn.

]ooc[ so, just to make sure i understand correctly:

I can get through the door and web,
I can make a full round action (move 60 feet to the other side of the door

~end round ~

shoot two arrows (with possibly range modifiers) full round action

~end next round~

right?
]/ooc[

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Harrison is not one to stand by, so he manuvers to outside of the door where he hears further comotion. Taking a quick look around ne runs for a total of 60 feet and prepares to fire arrows at those who aare gewtting away in the boat.

"stop the rowers, stop the boat."

]ooc[(for round two incase i am not able to get on line in a timely fasion: ) ]/ood[

first arrow (1d20+15=29, 1d8+4=9)

second arrow (1d20+10=27, 1d8+4=10)

Scotley

Hero
Initiative Order
Tagret 26 (ac23)
Fin 24 (ac22)
Lucien 15
Logan 13 (ac28)
Harrison 13 (24)
Zorn 11 (ac16)
Garagos 6 (ac29)
Attackers 6 (ac16 or 17 except for Middlebrook who is ac 21 or 13 touch)
Jason 1 (ac24)

Tagret ?

Fin laughs at the man as he realizes he's been left behind. "Ain't nobody here but you and me now boy, if you play nice I won't be too rough." Fin says as he tries once again to take this man alive. The man drops like a stone. It is unclear if the stunned look on his face has more to do with the blow or being left behind.

Lucien rides Trelayne to in front of the two men escaping the web. He brings the warhorse to a halt, rearing up. He points his gleaming longsword at the men and says, "Hold, in the name of Heironeous. There has been mischief afoot tonight, and Justice will weigh the guilty and the innocent. If you have done no evil, you have nothing to fear, but I would take your continued attempt to flee as a confession of guilt, so hold, if you value your soul."

Logan shakes his head, causing his mane of dark blonde hair to fly about as he casts Flame Strike on the boat and those within it. Logan says, "I call down the Mighty Wrath of Pelor to consume you all!" A column of flame descends on the little boat casting bright illumination in the area for just a moment. At the edge of that light in the swamp partially behind a tree a woman in a dark green robe can be seen for just a moment floating a yard above muck. She clutches a wand in her hand. She is perhaps 60' out in the swamp and beyond the boat. As the flare of light fades she vanishes back into the darkness. When the flame, steam and smoke subside the boat can be seen again. One of the crossbowmen is badly burned, the other less so, but Middlebrook appears unscathed. The boat itself remains afloat, but it too is badly burned.

Harrison is not one to stand by, so he maneuvers to outside of the door where he hears further commotion. Taking a quick look around he runs for a total of 60 feet and prepares to fire arrows at those who are getting away in the boat. "stop the rowers, stop the boat."

Zorn casts a spell and suddenly, he is standing at the edge of the water beyond the fleeing men and to one side of the webs.

Unable to reach the boat Garagos stops at the edge of the webs.

The remaining man fleeing the fight at the inn finds Garagos and Zorn as well as the webs before him and stops allowing Jason to come up behind him. He raises his hands and lets his weapon fall.

The men on the boat continue to move deeper into the swamp managing to get the boat another 60' from the shore for a total of 90'.

Zorn is stuck by three missiles of force (1d4+1=2, 1d4+1=2, 1d4+1=2) from somewhere in the darkness.

Garagos feels the impact of a pair of such missiles (1d4+1=5, 1d4+1=5) as well.

Out front the two men at arms glance at one another and surrender to Lucien.

OOC: The situation--You have two unconscious prisoners, one out back and one in the web at the front door. Jason has a prisoner out back, Lucien has two prisoners on the street out front. Numerous fallen men at arms litter the ground inside and just outside the inn. Two wounded men at arms and Middlebrook are fleeing in the small boat now 90' out in the swamp. A mysterious woman in robes with a wand lurks unseen out in the swamp apparently flying. Lucien on the street well out in front of the inn, Tagret and Logan are at the back door. Robert MacArdy lays on the inn floor unconscious, his animal companion protecting him. The rest of the group is now at or near the edge of the swamp behind the inn. Actions?

OOC: Reflex saves vs. Flame Strike (1d20+3=8, 1d20+3=20, 1d20+6=23)

Walking Dad

First Post
Garagos, AC 29 (T19, FF27), HP 97/107, F +11,R+6,W+10

Death and wounded by an unseen foe, Garagos retreats grumping to the building, at least out of sight of the invisible menance.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads