• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scotley's Tomb of Horrors 3.5

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
harrison had bought some potions befor the first departure from saltmarsh, so go for it anyone on the potions...however that ioun stone could be quite handy especially when traveling by water way. any objections?

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Everyone including the guides is fully healed. The player-less characters have retreated to Saltmarsh. My presumption is that everyone else is ready to proceed into the adventure proper.

Scotley

Hero
Another half day of travel in the little boats with nothing more sinister than bugs to menace you brings the group to their destination. Sine'Gile's usual affability has dulled a wary silence as you proceeded. It is just after noon and the sun beats down on you as their is little shade here. Now Sine'Gile points to a low, flat-topped hill, about 200 yards wide and 300 yards long, that protrudes from the swamp. Ugly weeds, thorns, and briars grow upon the steep sides and bald top of the 60-foot-high mound. Black rocks crown the hilltop.

OOC: This seems to be it. Actions?

Leif

Adventurer
Logan Lightbringer, Cleric9, AC28,FF27T17,HP76/76, DR3/-, F+9,R+4,W+11

"Sine'Gile? What is the meaning of those black stones? They look menacing, somehow... And is that whole mound the tomb?"

Scotley

Hero
Sine'Gile gives a shrug that says, 'I just drive the boat'. "You people are the tomb builders. We just burn our dead and have done with them. Or eat them if times are hard. All I know is this is the only place out in this part of the swamp that could still be dry underground. The black rocks mean nothing to me."

At Tsal'Eie's suggestion you slowly circle the hill in the boats.

OOC: [sblock=Anbody making a DC21 Int. check]The north side of the hill is a low cliff. The rock face is bone white with 3 piles of dark rock in a triangle and more along the base of the cliff. It makes that side of the hill look disturbingly like a grinning skull.[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Logan Lightbringer, Cleric9, AC28,FF27T17,HP76/76, DR3/-, F+9,R+4,W+11

Logan has an 8 int (-1), so I don't think he'll be making too many DC21 int checks!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
ooc; invisble castle seems to be down right now, so no int check possible. i have a +1 modifier, so it would take a 20 to pass the int check

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: We really seem to be a very bright bunch of adventurers! hehehe (Guess we'd have to be to go looking for this tomb on purpose.....)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads