• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scott's Bluff (one-shot DnD 3.5)

Lord_Raven88

First Post
It's good to see my new companions have a sound grasp of tactics, now to do what I do best Smiling grimly at the surprise he has in store Marcus once again calls upon his celestial heritage and disappears from sight.

Taking a step forward Marcus readies to attack any who are foolish enough to come near his invisible form.

OOC:

Marcus cast Greater Invisibility* upon himself, then takes a 5' step to E11.

*This grants total concealment (Can't attack until Marcus gives himself away 50% miss chance) as well as granting Marcus +2 to melee or ranged attacks.(SRD Combat Mods.).

Greatsword +7 (+5 Base +4 Str +1 MW Great Sword +2 G. Invis -5 Power Attack) 2d6+14 (+4 Str + 10 Power Attack)

Last edited:

Tinner

First Post
Despite his wound, Scavatch stays focussed on the task at hand. Stepping back for a better angle and choosing new targets for his arrows.

OOC: Scav takes a 5' step back to A9, then uses Manyshot again. I'm firing at R5 & the Curvy Woman with arrows. One atack at each, 3 arrows per shot.
Ranged attack +12/+7, +1 enhancement, -6 three arrow Manyshot = +7/+2
Damage 1d6+3, +1 obsidian = 1d6+4 per arrow 20X3 critical

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Round 2:

Initiative: The Curvy Woman, R1 (spear), Marcus, R3 & R4 (axes), Arvad, Scavatch, Mardin, R5 & R6 (shields), & then Threednle

Round notes: I made a couple mistakes when entering figures into invisible castle, but thier exclusion would not have made any difference in the success/failure of the rolls.

Shrouded amongst the writhing tentacles, the curvy woman scowls at you and slowly fades from sight. The tentacles continue to flail and writh, but seem to find nothing.

The big spearman jabs at Scavatch (1d20+8=10, 1d10+6=13), but the little gnome dances out of the way.

A big axeman, sporting a raggedy leopard-skin cloak, charges (1d20+9=25) at Mardin, laying (1d12+14=22) into him with his axe! Mardin staggers, but holds his own.
(OOC: Mardin takes 22 damage)

The other axe man, seeking to flank the armored dwarf, attempts to move past him but Mardin's readied warhammer, and a misstep by the raider, result in him ending up in the dirt in a broken, bleeding, bundle of mail & furs.

Arvad nocks his arrows, but his target is no longer visible. Scanning the battlefield, he decides to take down the biggest foe and looses (1d20+12=28, 1d20+7=16) on the big warrior, R1; Killing him with an arrow through each eye.
(OOC: no damage rolled, but none was really needed. Both arrows hit and even a minimal result would have taken this guy to below -10).

Also denied his targets, Scavatch turns to the the oncoming shield rusher and the foe besieging Mardin and fills the air with arrows. Some of his arrows strike home, though none seem to penetrate the raiders' armor.

Mardin, having taken a nasty blow from the towering raider in front of him, decides to show this hooligan how a 'real' warrior fights. He lands a pair of solid blows, but the raider is still on his feet.

Scavatch growls in anger as the raider with a big shield and curved sword breaks it's charge upon him.
(OOC: 8 damage, Scavatch is now at 56 HP)

Meanwhile, the second shieldrusher hurls himself at Threednle, but as he passes by an invisible Marcus, takes a blow from the invisible greatsword!

Thinking quickly, the conjurer, takes a step backwards and waves his arms and speaks the arcane words of power. A large glowing cat appears in front of him and tears into the raider besieging him and bears him to the ground. You note that the raider stops moving and his sword drops from his, now limp, hand.

A voice rings out, "It would seem that I underestimated this merchant. Arcanite is valuable, but is it really worth the expense of guards of your calibre? We will meet again, I promise you that. I always repay my debts..."

Last edited:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
[sblock]
Lobo Lurker said:
The other axe man, seeking to flank the armored dwarf, attempts to move past him but Mardin's readied axe and a misstep by the raider result in him ending up in the dirt in a broken, bleeding, bundle of mail & furs.
Warhammer, actually ;)[/sblock]
With the adrenaline rushing through him, now, Mardin gives a smile. "That was a good blow. I do not think you can take another mine, though." He raises his hammer to mash his opponent again.

ooc: +14/+9 attack, 1d8+6 damage

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Lobo Lurker said:
A voice rings out, "It would seem that I underestimated this merchant. Arcanite is valuable, but is it really worth the expense of guards of your calibre? We will meet again, I promise you that. I always repay my debts..."
You won't get away from me that easily wench focusing upon his celestial heritage, Marcus calls upon his ability to pierce invisibility, taking a step forward Marcus begins scanning the area by the wagon, where the curvy woman was last seen.

OOC: Marcus uses his See Invisibility spell-like ability and takes a 5' step to F10.

Scotley

Hero
Arvad Half-Elven Rogue/Fighter

Arvad, keeping his bow in the off-hand pulls his Thin Blade and steps up to flank one of Mardin's foes and take him in the back.

OOC: 5' move to C9 and sneak flank attack on R4. +15 to hit with Keen Elven Thinblade for 1d8+3+3d6 sneak attack crit range 15-20/x2

Last edited:

Tinner

First Post
With a grim set to his jaw, Scavatch again drops back and keeps the arrows flying. The small barbarian seems unaware that this fight is almost over.

OOC: Scav takes a 5' step back to A8, then uses Manyshot again. Firing at the only two visible targets. One atack at each, 3 arrows per shot.
Ranged attack +12/+7, +1 enhancement, -6 three arrow Manyshot = +7/+2
Damage 1d6+3, +1 obsidian = 1d6+4 per arrow 20X3 critical

G

Guest 11456

Threendle Goodhaven : Male Human Conjurer 7

Should any of the enemies be left standing, Threendle will direct the large cat to attack.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Marcus calls upon his ability to pierce the veil of invisibility, but doesn't see anything unusual.

The big raider wearing the raggedy tiger-skin cloak winces as he hears the woman's words. He tosses his obsidian greataxe at Mardin's feet takes a step backwards while holding up his hands as if to say 'Don't attack me.'

OOC: If given the chance, the other raider will surrender as well. What happens to them is up to you (kill them, take them prisoner, let them go, etc.).

You now have about a minute (ten rounds or so) before some of the other caravan guards arrive. Let me know if there's anything you'd like to do before they arrive.

Conditions: The wagon is still burning & the tentacles have crushed/caved in one side of it.

None of the fallen raiders has any money, but if you strip them of arms and armor you get: ratty suit of chainmail (4), MW Longspear (2), MW Obsidian Greataxe (2), MW Obsidian Battleaxe (2), Heavy Wooden Shield (2).

Scavatch notes that these are wildlings from the Red Wood. Judging from the bear claw necklaces they wear and the bleached white flesh of thier left hand, you'd guess they're from the Ghost Bears tribe.

About a minute later, 5 riders appear. Master Sanchez is one of them. "You stopped them, I see. Do you know what happened? Did they steal anything?" He dismounts and begins bellowing orders to roustabouts and handlers, organizing them to put out the fires and search for survivors.

EDIT: All of the downed raiders are now at -3 hit points and falling unless you do anything about it. One of the spear weilders is dead already.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads