• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scott's Bluff (one-shot DnD 3.5)

G

Guest 11456

Threendle Goodhaven : Male Human Conjurer 7

Seeing the remaining raiders obviously giving up, Threendle holds the lion back and instead scratches it behind its left ear.

"Where did the woman go? We need to disarm them."

He motions to the raiders.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
With great interest, Mardin looks at the weapons after the attackers have disarmed. "Obsidian weapons, how interesting..."

Appriase, weaponsmithing, each +13. I'll also try to find out (asking, probably) if they have any special means of using obsidian

After the cavalry arrives, "Oh, yes, the attack. They just started fighting us. Some lady was leading them, but she seems to have disappeared."

Lobo Lurker

First Post
The two raiders, who call themselves Haago and Akko (tiger cloak), look at eachother warily and don't really respond to your questions. After attempting to get an answer out of them, you come to the conclusion that they don't speak Common.

The weapons are worth more or less the same amount as a steel weapon locally. Abroad, they might be worth 25% more as novelty items. Mardin notes that all the weapons are of enchantable quality... AND, he notes, they look new and (relatively) unscarred.

Scavatch can point out that, locally, all obsidian weapons come from the Red Wood to the South. The human tribes there trade the giants for it and the gnomes trade with the humans, on occasion. Where the giants get it or how they work it is a mystery.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
OOC: Just let me know when you guys are done investigating/looting. :) I'll try to post something later today. If you haven't posted your action by then just state what you wanted to do I'll work it in.

Scotley

Hero
Once the raiders are disarmed, Arvad will motion for the prisoners to help their fallen comrads if they wish. He goes to the burning wagon to see if any goods can be safely pulled away from the fire.

Arvad addresses Master Sanchez, "the woman who led the attack seems to be a demon of some sort, largely immune to normal attacks. She mentioned 'Arcanite' as the prize she was after. She also promised revenge."

Tinner

First Post
OOC: Scavatch will address the captives in Giant, hoping that they might speak at least enough to convey general concepts.

**"I am Scavatch Facebiter of the Bone Gnawer tribe. If you have heard of my tribe, then you should have no doubts about what I will do to you if you don't answer my questions."**

Scavatch grins ferociously, showing off his filed, pointed teeth.

**"You Ghost Bears are a long way from home. Who was the woman? What was she after? And how do you come to work for her? I want answers and I want them now."**

Scavatch calmly walks over to the bonfire and draws out a burning branch. He blows out the flames, and concentrates on getting a good glowing ember on the end. Once he's got a cheery orange glow he looks back to the wildlings and chuckles menacingly.

OOC: Intimidate +5

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Walking over to the raiders Marcus dispels his invisibility so that he suddenly appears in front of them, staring at them with his pupil-less cobolt eyes, Marcus calls upon his ability to read the thoughts of others. Marcus silently stares at them while his companions attempt to talk to them.

OOC: If they speak in their native language, Marcus will follow along with the conversation (via his Tongues ability) while giving nothing away (Bluff +3)

If the raiders clearly can't understand what anyone else is saying to them, then Marcus will speak to them in their native language asking each question and giving them enough time to respond before going on to the next question

"Who was the woman?, where has she gone?, what were you doing here?, what relationship does she have with your people?"
(Sense Motive +10)

Last edited:

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Scotley said:
Once the raiders are disarmed, Arvad will motion for the prisoners to help their fallen comrads if they wish. He goes to the burning wagon to see if any goods can be safely pulled away from the fire.

Arvad addresses Master Sanchez, "the woman who led the attack seems to be a demon of some sort, largely immune to normal attacks. She mentioned 'Arcanite' as the prize she was after. She also promised revenge."
The two raiders start arguing before walking over to thier down companions and ripping out thier throats with thier bare hands (Haago) or suffocating them (Akko).

Arvad wanders over to the wagon and sees that it piled high with bags of spices, furs, inks, papers, and a whole lot of 6 ft. long metal rods of various metals (bronze, iron, steel, a whitish metal, a bluish metal, and various others besides). He also notes that the wagon's driver & attendents, still swathed in silks from head to toe, appear to be knocked out or dead inside the wagon.

Master Sanchez's jaw drops. "A demon?!? How on earth did you fight it off?" He thinks for a moment and mutters "I knew I should have hired on that paladin..."

He climbs up the wagon and looks around, shouting for someone to help out the sprawled Jakartans. After looking around a bit he says, "Well it doesn't look like they got much, if anything. They were after the arcanite huh? That would be going to the Brightsteel foundry... they're the only ones around with the skill to work it." At your blank stares he chuckles. "Arcanite is the commercial name for Jakartan spell-forged steel. Supposedly, you need a magus to work it as it's so hard that beating it with a hammer don't do jack."

He looks around and says, "Since everyone is awake, we'll be moving onward as soon as the wagon's ready." You see another horseman ride up with a bunch of heavy canvas and some rope. "Leave the bodies, shouts Sanchez. Cover the wagon with that canvas. The Jakartan's won't be pleased at how much Havlocke'll charge them for it but it's that or lose all them spices and paper to the rains."

The raiders look sharply at Scavatch when he begins speaking Giant. They explain that the pleasure wench cut a deal with thier leader for his unblooded boys; she made them all men, though none so much as Haago, and promised them riches. They boast that there is no dishonor in losing a battle to your group when they were so obviously overmatched. They also want to know what your group intends to do with them; thier father will never pay a ransom for them as they're considered slaves and the Ghost Bears do not traffic in slaves like the Eagle Men.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Lord_Raven88 said:
OOC: If they speak in their native language, Marcus will follow along with the conversation (via his Tongues ability) while giving nothing away (Bluff +3)

If the raiders clearly can't understand what anyone else is saying to them, then Marcus will speak to them in their native language asking each question and giving them enough time to respond before going on to the next question

"Who was the woman?, where has she gone?, what were you doing here?, what relationship does she have with your people?"
(Sense Motive +10)
Basically, they just argue over what to do with those who fell. Haago wants to kill them as they dishonored thier mistress while Akko thinks that there was no dishonor done as she abandoned them in thier hour of triumph.

They claim that the woman was a rich pleasure-wench from the rock-city; they were instructed to call her Mistress. Akko admits that he heard that her name was Sharess. Haago boasts that he is her chosen consort and puffs out his chest. Neither of them can be more than 17 years old, though they look older due to thier hard life and lack of hygiene.

(OOC: Both are being truthful, as far as you can tell).

Scotley

Hero
Arvad Half-Elven Fighter/Rogue

Shocked at the raider's violence against their own kind, Arvad shakes his head. Gathering his fellows he asks, "What do you make of all this? The fellows look older than their years, could this be from congress with the demoness? Was she a demoness? Do we take her threat as credible and expect her to strike us again?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads