[Serenity RPG] Across the 'Verse: Introductions

Thanee

First Post
Tatjana

Tatjana looks at Merk, smirking. At least he had some brains left... “Yeah, that was to be expected, wasn't it?”

“Me? Comin' from some borderworld, nothin' fancy. But about this here... isn't it all happenin' just because of Paula havin' a bad influence on everyone. I think they would be better off with someone who really wanted to help them... maybe they could recover then. Find a new life, youknow, somethin' like that.”

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
Aaron sighs heavily, "I rarely find things that simple. Kill someone like Paula and another person just like her will take her place. They'll always be folk taking advantage of girls like Xiao Feng, and they'll always be junkies like Carly taking the worst the world has to offer. And they'll always be predatory bastards like the one Xiao Feng killed."

Aaron sits down on an old crate and rubs at his face. "Sorry, guess thats my cynicism talking. The girl was just defending herself and her friend." He looks up and stares at Tatjana long enough to make her start to feel uncomfortable.
And then he says slowly, "What there won't always be . . . or what's truly rare, is folk willing to do something about it." He nods to himself, "I'll help you get the girls out, and off this rock if necessary."

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
"Well we could attempt a simple climb up to their windows and sneak them out. We might want to change clothes before we try that, they probably got some sort of description on us. Unless you got a better idea?"

Thanee

First Post
Tatjana

“Well, I was never one to form elaborate plans. But I'm a good climber and a good sneak, so that might work out. Let's just go there and take a look, then wait until they are going to sleep and sneak in to get the girls out.”

Maerdwyn

First Post
The waits is rather long - THe Blue Orchid don't really close down for the night, but a couple hourse before dawn, the level of activity seems to drop. Fewer johns moving in and out and such. There are a couple balconies on the side of the building over looking the street, and a few windows on the back, although none seemingly where Xiao Feng's room would be. A drainpipe and some team work gets them both up to the second floor mostly quietly, and the two find themselves in a loudly decorated boudoir, sleeping girl draped over the bed, oblivious at this point. You think, based on Merk's map, that Xiao Feng's room is one to two doors down from where you are. "Steve" or some other boucer type might be out in the hall.

Thanee

First Post
Tatjana

“Ok, let's see what awaits us out there...” Tatjana whispers and silently moves to slowly open the door just a wee bit, so she can see or hear whether one of the bullies is outside.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Tatjana cracks the door, and sees that the hall outside the room is softly lit by sconce-type wall lamps. The walls are covered in slightly peepling wallpaper, and there is a just above industrial grade blue carpet.

Tatjana sees a rather large, if otherwise unremarkable, man leaning against the wall by the door to Paula's room (about twelve feet away); Xiao Feng's room is between Tatjana and the man. The guy looks like he' is fighting a losing battle to stay awake. There is a collapsible baton dangling from a belt clip, and a .45 tucked inside that belt.

[Sblock=ooc](make a stealth roll with a 2 step bonus, since he doesn't seemt o be expecting anything)[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Tatjana

Tatjana leans back in to give Aarona "no sound" sign, putting her index finger across her lips, and then holding her hand out with just the index finger raised to indicate "one".

The man was obviously there to guard Paula's room and surely would have been told to sound an alarm, if anyone matching their description would turn up, so subterfuge was right out.

What had to be done now was sneaking up to him and giving him a taste of her meaner tricks, so sounding an alarm was right out as well.

OOC: Stealth 14

Maerdwyn

First Post
[sblock=OOC:] Things don't Go Smooth: Stealth reroll= 10, still success vs. average.

If she chooses Tatjana can get an attack vs. his inherent defense, except that if Aaron comes into the hall at the same time, he would need to make a stealth roll as well, and failure vs. average difficulty would let the guard react to the fast-closing Tatjana in time to get a defense up.
Guard has 18 life points to start[/sblock]

As the door opens, the guard jerks his head up and for a split second,Tatjana thinks he's looking right at her; then he sneezes loudly and his eye return to the dull, unfocused stare of half-sleep.

Last edited:

Remove ads