log in or register to remove this ad

 

Shadowrun.DnD5 'DNA/DOA'

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
“Good,“ breathes out the troll. “Gimme a tick. Oh great spirit of Aztechnology’s bathroom,“ Still getting a kick out of that... although her dead eyes sort of give him the creeps now. “Please find us the nearest one of *these* that’s still working.” One of his fat fingers point at Fluffy jack-in port.

The spirit stares at the drone... and then the impression of metaphysical cold and wind suddenly lifts from the hallway, like a sheet has been pulled away.

“Figure a security console’s got to have one’f them, right?” shrugs the troll. “Now if that don’t work... Suggestions?”

[Sblock=Actions]Have he spirit cast Search, please.
By the by, spells possessed bathroom spirit = Search, Invisibility, Mage Hand[/sblock]
 

log in or register to remove this ad

GreenKarl

First Post
The spirit seems to nod to the shaman and vanish reappearing a few long moments later. "That way master" it points towards the western room (where NTensity killed the Watcher spirit).
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Pleasant surprise on his tusky face. “Good-“ Half her lower jaw silently crunches away, making the troll wince. “- spirit.” The ‘eaten’ bits keep reappearing when you weren’t looking, but still... “What’d it look like?”

Then NTensity gestures that away: “Show me.“ Before looking at his meat body crumpling to the floor from its squat. Crap. Gonna feel that later...


Action1: Go take an 'Astral reacon' look at what Bessy found, watching out for any more Watchers or live mages/mutants on the way
Action2: He’ll also look beyond the broken door at what’s hiding there -- going for a quick peek, ready to duck back into the wall in case it’s dual-natured, please
 

GreenKarl

First Post
NTenity lowered himself to the floor again to cast his spirit into the astral plane. Following the spirit through the compounds walls into the larger western room the spirit pointed towards a shadow parked in one corner. With some concentration the troll was able to partially "appear" in real space to get a better look at the object. From there he could that the item appeared to be large sized multiple armed wheeled drone. He did not recognize the model but it looked fragile and move for scientific like work then combat. Peer about the room it looked like a lab of some kind with numerous partially clear doors within; four on the western wall, one on the northern wall and three on the eastern wall (plus of course the door on the southern wall that leads into the hallway). The troll spotted no living auras within but the doors could easily block that, provided shadows to anything within. These were of course two-way 'shadow' so nothing within seem to stir or see the shaman either.

Returning too his body the team headed down the eastern hallway to meet up with Davos and Sovereign...

GM: Based on the OOC thread it appears you are heading to the broken door with something beyond. Sovereign can grant Juno advantage on her Tools (MagLock) check DC 15 (I can roll for her if [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] has no internet). Then to 'push' the door open is a Strength (Athletics) check DC 15 because of the damage done to it from the other side). You could get two people on the door. Both are separate Actions.
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Back in the physical world, the troll stirs and then pushes himself off the floor: “Ha! Bessy foundus a science drone. Think you could do some'ing wiith her, Diggs? Maybe it knows where the samples are?”

Or something?



the team headed down the eastern hallway to meet up with Davos and Sovereign...
On the way Ntensity notes the damage – incredibly powerful punches from f***ing inside - and the large gap at the top... going on tippy-toes reveals the open ‘levator door and what might be a heavy desk half-thrown against the far wall...

He huddles back up with he others, whispering, “Jackpot. That’s a sec office in there, sure as sure, guarding that ‘levator. Monster was prob the sec guard bef-“ And then he puts it all together in his head: sec guard, sec office, large monster. “That’s a f***ing troll in there, right?” Probably cyberred to the nines too!

Stil, no worries. NTensity smiles under his mask. “So flash-bang to drive it front ‘n center and then pew-pew trough the nice gun-port up there?”

Won't be able to do a thing to them!


OOC: Does the elevator have controls to go up or down, GK? (i. e. Acces to the surface or to deeper levels?)
 

GreenKarl

First Post
OOC: Does the elevator have controls to go up or down, GK? (i. e. Acces to the surface or to deeper levels?)

GM: Its too far away to tell and you would not be able to really "read" it via astral space. You could go look in astral space though, to see if it goes lower etc. by moving into the elevator shaft
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Plans made and the others signaling ready, the troll’s body again slumps into unconsciousness.

Meanwhile his Astral self slides through the false ceiling, over the room itself and then down the far wall of the open elevator shaft.

Big breath... And here we f***ing go!

Astral-NTensity moves into the room, seemingly ‘walking’ over the elevator floor (which isn’t there at all)... Hello there little beasty.

[Sblock=Actions:]Plan is to draw it to the elevator (in front of the door gun-port) and try to get it to fall down the open shaft if possible as an added bonus. So move to elevator door from the back, if it attacks, Ready action to move back at the last second, hoping to draw it forwards into a fall. Going to guess that that''s Deception:
Come into my lair: 1D20+2 = [18]+2 = 20 Hey, pretty good!

1st try (described IC abive) is in an Astral form, to see if it’s dual natured.

2nd try is going to be the same, except manifested.

Bessy is Manifested and with the others

Note: NTensity doesn’t mind the others using his body as a footstool if they must, but he’s definitively getting a bigger share for it (double-duty, don’t you know :D)

QUESTIONS:
- What does the beast look like, GK? Cybered? Awakened?
- Does the elevator shaft go up or down?[/sblock]
 

GreenKarl

First Post
NTensity again leans down on the ground to safely send his spirit out of his body and into the room beyond. He sees a huge weirdly shaped and bloated monster that might once of been a troll or maybe just two or three people merged together!!! Its grey skin is completely hairless and if it once was a troll it no longer has any signs of the normal tell-tale horns one finds on almost all subspecies...

[sblock=Image of Large Mutant] Mutant2.jpg[/sblock]

NTensity can tell that it is not dual-natured as it stands with its back against the wall apparently attempting to surprise anyone who opens the door. The shaman then moved into the elevator shaft and noticed that it does not appear to go any deeper underground and there was only an empty shaft upwards (it appeared 30 or so feet to the upper floor).

GM: Just to make sure I know what your plan is. You want to 'appear' out in the room (your astral form becoming visible, but remember you are still semi-transparent) before the mutant monster and get it to move out into the open so that Juno (as Fluffy would have a harder time to 'drive over' your prone form) who is standing on top of you can shot it.
 

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: Ops I also forgot the following about the monster...
Frightful Presence: when a target first see this mutant, they need to make a Charisma saving throw vs. DC 13 or gain the Frightened condition. The target gains a new saving throw at the end of its turn. Success ends the condition.
As you are astral projecting I will give NTensity advantage on this check as he might remember that a non-dual natured being can't hurt him. Its just there is still a chance when he first sees it!

[sblock=Mutant]Virus-Strain III Variant Mutant, large sized mutant humanoids, insane
Armor Class: 13 (natural; hardness 3/+2)
Hit Points: 69 (7d10+21); Threshold: 28 (recover +7)
Speed: 40ft
STR 22, DEX 12, CON 16, INT 5, WIS 7, CHA 6
Condition Immunity: Charmed, Frightened, Poisoned.
Senses: Darkvision 60ft, pass Perception 10
Saves: Strength +9, Constitution +6
Double-Attack: mutants can attack twice in a round with an attack action.
Frightful Presence: when a target first see this mutant, they need to make a Charisma saving throw vs. DC 13 or gain the Frightened condition. The target gains a new saving throw at the end of its turn. Success ends the condition.
Grappler: if the mutant succeeds with both melee attack rolls against the same target and the target is Large size or smaller, the target is grappled (escape DC 13).
Shake-it-off: this mutant makes it recover from Reeling at the beginning of its turn.
ACTIONS
Meaty Fist: melee weapon attack: +9 to hit, reach 10ft, one target; Hit: 2d8+6 bludgeoning damage.
Bite: melee weapon attack: +8 to hit, reach 5ft, one target; Hit: 1d10+6 piercing damage, +1d6 toxic (poison) damage. [/sblock]
 



GreenKarl

First Post
NTensity's spirit appears near the elevator doors and waving his semi-transparent arms about wildly causes the huge mutant thing to roar and race towards him to try and wrap its four arms around him! But of course, being just a spirit the creature grabs nothing but air. It seems confused at it stares at the trolls form when two quick shots bomb into the room. Juno was not frightened by the monster and shot at it twice. The first round bounced off the creature's should plating while the second hit it center mass. The monster roared and looked over at the door where the cyber-op was barely visible. It charged forward and slammed into the door almost knocked Juno off of the prone NTensity! But the door held. The MagLock was a high security model and not so easily broken through and the door itself was thick.

Juno did another dual shot at the creature, hitting only once due to the odd angle but again hitting a vulnerable point in the creature's mass. It howled in rage and pain and then darted away from the door. NTensity sees it race down an open hallway to the south and disappear through and open door into an unknown room.

GM: [sblock=Rolls and Results]Juno needs to make a save verse the creature's Frightful Presence when she first spots it; Charisma save vs. DC 13: 1D20+1 = [18]+1 = 19, makes it.
Then then uses her Extra Action from Wired Reflex to shot it twice. Both times she is using Deadly Aim (-2 to attack roll for +4 to damage) with her Ares Predator (with smartgun link she also gets to re-roll any 1s on damage rolls); Ranged attack; Damage if she hits: 1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10
2D8+11 = [4, 6]+11 = 21
1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17
2D8+11 = [5, 1]+11 = 17
, oh a 10 misses, and the 17 hit but I rolled a 1 so re-roll Damage: 1D8 = [5] = 5, so 21 damage -5 for its Hardness deals 16 damage to the creature.

The next round the creature is trying to smash through the door and the angle of shooting it is bad so I'm imposing Disadvantage on Juno's attacks; Attack (vs. AC 13); Damage if it hits: 2D20.LOW(1)+6 = [6, 19]+6 = 12
2D8+11 = [3, 1]+11 = 15
2D20.LOW(1)+6 = [11, 10]+6 = 16
2D8+11 = [8, 8]+11 = 27
, hit once again but Max damage!!! This deals 22 hp of damage to the creature.

Conditions
Team all good
Mutant HP 32/69[/sblock]
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Nice going, girl!" exclaims NTensity as the operative takes huge chunks out of the thing's flesh.

And then it runs away!

There was a f***ing hallway to the south?!? Didn't see that from the hole, and afterwards he'd been too... taken up with how f***ing clever he was, is what. Crrrap!

"You guys get in here, I'll keep watch for it?" whispers the ethereal-gray troll in his ethereal-gray voice, charging right through the security desk piled-up before the south entrance -- litteraly. "Spirit of the Great Bathroom, you're with me!"


Actions: Pursue and observe. Bessy goes back to astral form and follows, please.
 

GreenKarl

First Post
NTensity's spirit floated down the hallway, disappearing from sight once again. Looking inside the room it appears to have once been some time of storage room but now it appeared that a mini-typhoon when through the space and smashed everything within. The debris had been pushed back into the various corners of the room to create a large open area in the middle, maybe 20x20 feet total. Within the huge mutant was leaning against some of the smashed crates and rubbing its wounds. Two other smaller four armed creatures seemed to be focusing on eating the last scraps of meat and bone from an unknown number of bodies that can been dragged into the room as some earlier time. Unlike the large one and the others that the team encountered in the other hallway these are armed with large meat-cleaver like knives! These weapons look as if they would possibly used by medical doctor might use during an autopsy.

[sblock=Smaller Mutants]These mutants coats and pants were at one time probably white but now are cover in dried blood and gore and a instead a dark reddish color

Mutant3.jpg

I am going to wait a bit to see if Juno will return to make rolls (Tools- MagLock with Advantage) before moving forward[/sblock]
 
Last edited:



GreenKarl

First Post
After a few minutes, with the mutant thing not returning, Juno stepped off the prone NTensity and handed Sovereign her MagLock passkey set. The Dwarf and her, standing on the troll again made short work of the lock as the reddish glow blinks over to green. The door was still jammed and Sovereign mentioned that he could easily reengage the lock if the mutant thing appeared again. He then asked "How do we get NTensity's attention when he is like this? I assume just kicking him will not wake him up..."

GM: I am going to move things along as I don't want to stalk to much. IF you don't want Juno to take this action I will edit.

[sblock=Rolls and Results]I noticed that I had made Tools - MagLock an Intelligence based, so Sovereign is better then Juno with this skill, he just does not own a set. Assuming Juno leans him her's and then assists him to grant him advantage; Tools- MagLock vs. DC 15: 2D20.HIGH(1)+5 = [18, 4]+5 = 23, sucess[/sblock]

Teams Actions?
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
The astral-shaman grins through his tusks: "Let's maken it twice."

The likeness of his form reforms in the physical world, out of view from the mutants, just so he can 'walk' in the room, 'spot' his three opponents, look scared (not that hard, really, considering) and turn tail.

Just for fun, he adds a few frightened-rabbit noise.

[sblock=Actions]Rinse, repeat from before. Goal is to draw the mutants into the firing cone of the others so he's planning to fly right through the broken door with them in hot pursuit if possible. If they follow, he'll add a "Heads up, chummers!" when he gets close to the door.

Fool me twice: 1D20+2 = [14]+2 = 16 . And *another* nice roll! Should have been an actor or something[/sblock]
 

GreenKarl

First Post
Juno curses as she hears the howls of something coming from down the hallway and yells at Sovereign to re-lock the door as NTensity appears from around the corner quickly followed by two new smaller mutants (see above's post) follow him! The decker relocks it and as the creatures raced forward Juno's pistol barked twice striking the lead monster center mass. It stumbled a bit from the impact of the rounds but then howled an inhuman ghastly scream of rage before continuing forward! Striking the door it stabbed at the cyber-op twice through the hole an while it was at a poor angle it still connected twice!! The second one howled and simply slammed its body against the door. Had the MagLocks not been reengaged it might well have managed to open the door!

GM: We should be in initiative but due to the nature of this Juno and Davos had ready actions so...
[sblock=Rolls and Results]Juno shots Mutant One twice, using Deadly Aim (-2 to attack roll for +4 damage if she hits); Ranged attack, ballistic damage if she hits: 1D20+7 = [10]+7 = 17
2D8+11 = [2, 1]+11 = 14
1D20+7 = [9]+7 = 16
2D8+11 = [3, 5]+11 = 19
; reroll the one; damage dice: 1D8 = [7] = 7
Ow, so she hits twice, dealing 20-4 =16 HP and 19-4 =15 HP of damage so 31 total. Neither is over its threshold so still up and running!!

Mutant one stabs at Juno through the opening. Because of the angle its at disadvatnage; Melee attack, piercing damage if it hits: 2D20.LOW(1)+6 = [19, 15]+6 = 21
1D6+3 = [6]+3 = 9
2D20.LOW(1)+6 = [14, 13]+6 = 19
1D6+3 = [6]+3 = 9

Wow those were so great rolls, not just to hit but do damage!! So it hit her twice, dealing 9 -2 hardness =7 and 9-2 =7, 14 piercing damage! Not over her threshold so no Reeling, etc.[/sblock]
[sblock=Virus-Strain II Variant Mutant]Medium sized mutant humanoids, insane
Armor Class: 13 (natural; hardness 2/+2)
Hit Points: 40 (5d8+15); Threshold: 26 (recover +7)
Speed: 30ft
STR 16, DEX 15, CON 16, INT 7, WIS 10, CHA 6
Condition Immunity: Charmed, Frightened, Poisoned.
Senses: Darkvision 60ft, pass Perception 10
Saves: Strength +6, Dexterity +6
Skills: Stealth +5
Double-Attack: this mutants can attack twice in a round with an attack action.
Shake-it-off: this mutant makes it recover from Reeling at the beginning of its turn.
ACTIONS
Meaty Fist: melee weapon attack: +6 to hit, reach 5ft, one target; Hit: 1d8+3 bludgeoning damage.
Big knife: melee weapon attack: +6 to hit, reach 5ft, one target; Hit: 1d6+3 slashing or piercing damage.
Bite: melee weapon attack: +6 to hit, reach 5ft, one target; Hit: 1d6+3 piercing damage, +1d6 toxic (poison) damage.[/sblock]
[sblock=Conditions]Juno 15/29
Mutant One 9/40
Mutant Two 40/40[/sblock]
Davos can use his Ready Action against Mutant One before it pulls back, but just like its attack it is at disadvantage to the angle.
Next round if Davos Readies again he can roll just in case one of the mutants attacks again through the door. No one else has an angle of attack against them.
 


An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top