log in or register to remove this ad

 

Shadowrun.DnD5 'DNA/DOA'


log in or register to remove this ad

GreenKarl

First Post
Sovereign unlocked the MagLock again and then Diggs easily pried the door open. The team had to push the two mutant bodies out of the way but it was not overly difficult. Past the door the room appeared to be a reception like area. To the north was a heavy set sealed door. Unlike the one the team was just passing through this one appeared far thicker and the pounding had dealt little damage. In front of them were two open elevator doors. Too the south was a hallway with a number of doors on both sides of the hallway.

Within this new room there was also three completely smashed terminal stations. They appeared to have once been security check points for those getting off of the elevators doing towards the hallway to the south and past the two doors within the room (the one the team has emerged from and the heavier looking door). The stink coming off the two mutant bodies seemed even worst then those the team ran into earlier...
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Should be some hard connect to the system som'where in here, right?" Might need to do a bit of repair on them though... "Glad we have those masks," he rumbles as he goes by the bodies, "Make us look like dorks, but f*** are they useful!" Before directing Bessy to guard the way south, just in case.


OOC: Suggesting Sovereign and Diggs look for that hardwired connection while Fluffy guards the corridor they came through and the spirit guards the south?

[sblock=Actions]Right now NTensity will visually check that nothing has moved in the south corridor as he ready actions to cast Physical Wall accross the corridor if the monster decides it want to come and play. :)

Do the piled desks block/hinder access south or to the heavy door to the north, GK?[/sblock]
 

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: No they count as difficult terrain just in the square that the debris is in


NTensity does not notices anything moving down the hallway but the door where the pair and large mutant were is still open. Sovereign mutters "I am starting to pick up some real low-end Node activation, down that south hall..."
 



GreenKarl

First Post
Nodding Sovereign replies "Yes. My guess is nothing down here connects with the Matrix. I would have excepted more wireless activity but whatever happened down here they must have shut it all down..."
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Whatabout a hard connection tothe local from here?"

This must have been a sec station, right? Sec always has hardwired backup!


While Diggs and Sovereign do their thing and they guard...
"So whatdaya think of all this, Sea Serpent?" he sofltly asks Davos with a wave towards the pile of mutated bodies, voice muffled behind his mask.
 

GreenKarl

First Post
"Almost no one uses hardwires anymore..." Sovereign says in a low voice "Especially if you are concerned about security. They are way to easy to tap into physically allowing even a half-ass decker easy by-past your systems IC. They might have something buried under the floor as a backup but it would but primitive and probably not lead to any sensitive information."

He looks around up at the ceiling and into the elevators "These should have security access, cameras, sensors, etc. All dedicated wireless connected to their own private Node. But if they do its all shut off and dead right now."
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Well crap," comments a saddened troll in the same tone. "Too much f***ing trid, I guess."

A pause, then: "So what do we do?" the troll ganger whispers back. "Can't just wander 'round random 'till we trip on it... Canyou get anything off this place?" By which he means their hard-won access to the sec office. "A f***ing floorplan or s'mthing?"


OOC: Any signs ("biohazard" warning, opening instructions, "You are here", arrows) on the walls or on the big door to the north, GK?
 

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: None are visible on any of the doors nor on the floor. Looking at the doors are some numerical numbers but they don't follow any sequence.
As a reminder for the mission you were to find a bio-sample and a datafile about the work here. You can probably assume the datafile is going to be where a main computer system is (and maybe Node) and the bio-sample would be in a lab. You did see something kind of like a lab back in the room where you killed the Watcher Spirit and where your Spirit saw the drone
 

"Whatabout a hard connection tothe local from here?"

This must have been a sec station, right? Sec always has hardwired backup!


While Diggs and Sovereign do their thing and they guard...
"So whatdaya think of all this, Sea Serpent?" he sofltly asks Davos with a wave towards the pile of mutated bodies, voice muffled behind his mask.
"That's Steel Serpent. I think that the formula we're after got loose. Don't let any of these things bite or scratch you."
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Sovereign begins to explain but NTensity is quickly lost and holds up a large hand: "So we'll have find the f***ing c-server to get the files, is what you'ra saying?" he summarizes as best he can... "What about those weak 'nodes' down there?" In his head they look like floating metal balls with smiley faces on them.

That's probably wrong.


"That's Steel Serpent. I think that the formula we're after got loose. Don't let any of these things bite or scratch you."
"Good plan," agrees the troll before reaching up and carefully touching his neck tattoo -- the sparking bird... "Why steel serpent then?"

It seems like a bit more than just casual interrest.
 


GreenKarl

First Post
"Well talking about snakes is great an all" Sovereign mutters "Maybe we could table that to after we get paid. Heck I will buy you all drinks at Underworld 93 but for now I don't like spending any more time down here they we have to. So what's our next move?"
 


GreenKarl

First Post
GM: Sorry I read that and then forgot :D


To his earlier question Sovereign added "More then likely they are just the door security ports. Each one has a directed powercell and mini-Node, such that they can accept wireless access codes. They don't connect to each other at all so I can't use them to access anything but the door lock. My best guess is we might find something past that door" as he points his pistol towards the southern door "as that's where I am picking up something electrical."
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Because the title of the Iron Fist was taken, by one who does not deserve it."
"Hate it when they runout of my flavors at Freeznoes," agrees the other, deadpan.


After Sovereign explains:
"Blind as a bat it is then."

With a sigh NTensity surrenders to the Zen and relaxes into f***king 'tranquility', since apparently he has to... "You chummers search this place anyways, case they left anything that might show us the way to the server?" Just a f***ing pic would do, anything Bessy could search for... "I'll go take a peek at what's behind door numeros dos," with a jerk of the thumb towards the big door to the north.

You pull out the big sec, you got to be guarding something, right?


Action: Go Astral and then through the north door, please (with Bessy in tow, just in case).
 

GreenKarl

First Post
NTensity's body returns to the floor while his spirit again leaves its meat shell. His summoned spirit nods towards him and they move to the northern door... to find their way blocked! The troll is not completely sure the there appears to be a bio-layer sandwiched within the heavy door. Checking quickly it appears that this bio-layer has also been incorporated within the floors also!

The shaman has heard rumors of should set up but it suppose to expensive. The bio-component has too be keep alive someway...
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Jackpot. Astral-NTensity starts circling, trying to get a feel for the size of the thing...


[sblock=Actions]Move along the edge of the protected zone, please (with a hand on it when he’s in solid matter and can’t see) — first horizontally, and then over and under vertically in 3D.

Looking to get a quick idea on the size of the protected zone... and should they happen to find a compartment along the way, all the better :)[/sblock]
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top