log in or register to remove this ad

 

Shadowrun.DnD5 'DNA/DOA'

GreenKarl

First Post
Using trial and error, NTensity figures the bio-components extends about 20ft left and right and maybe 10ft above and then give way to solid Earth (its solid Earth below the floor where he is standing. He could maybe push through the Earth but it would take at least an hour to get more then a few feet in. It appears that there is at least another room beyond this door.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Strong room carved in f***ing Living Earth; couldn't get through," he reports back... "Or maybe a lock to the deep, deep, deep, DEEPEST sec zone?" That'd make more sense right next to the 'levator bank, wouldn't it? "You chums find 'nything in here?"
 


Shayuri

First Post
"What we're looking for is going to be locked up tight." Juno nods at the secure doors Ntensity scouted. "Like that."

She goes over to the heavy doors and gives the locking mechanism and security a once-over.

(Perception [roll0], Investigation [roll1])

"I'm kinda wondering how long this drek's been going on down here. Not like a big corp to let their secrets flap in the wind like this." She grimaces. "I'm thinking that's what the big rush was on this job. There was a window while they pulled a high-threat team together to come down here and burn the place out."

"Which means we're on a clock."
 

GreenKarl

First Post
Within the room itself and the elevators all the security monitors and wireless Nods had been destroyed or powered off. The elevators were dead and locked in place. There appeared to be an emergency protocol in that all access to the elevator shaft through the elevator cars themselves was sealed off.

Examining the large sealed door Juno determined that there appeared to be a secondary security protocol set up on it. That not only was there a standard MagLock like those they had encountered on all the doors so far, this one had a secondary more advanced locking mechanism.

GM: As far as Diggs and Sovereign can tell, nothing in the security room or elevators is on. When the power went off down here (for whatever reason) everything shut down. The ceiling/floor and walls in the elevator are heavy reinforced steel and would need explosives to breach.

The heavy door has two MagLock systems on it. The first is a standard TN 15 (Tools - MagLock) or TN 25 (Computers) but a secondary MagLock that is also active with a TN 23 (Tools -MagLock) or TN 28 (Computers). As far as Sovereign can tell there is no wireless activity beyond this heavy door, just like the rest BUT it could be blocked via something like a "faraday cage"
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Johnson said s'mething like 'went silent within the last day'," furnishes the large troll, looming behind as she examines the door. "Oh, and '*two* internal systems'!" now that he recalls. "'Two internal systems shut off within the last day'."

Uh. Wall spray. Combat gear. Intimate knowledge of the internals...

His brows rise: "F***, we're working for f***ing Aztechnology aren't we?!"

Edit OOC: Do both locks have to be triggered simultaneously, GK?
 
Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: Its set up for someone to try and breach the first level (lower level) would activate additional security, while if they detect and try the higher level first it will also detective/unlock the door.
IF the second level had not been detected and the first level unlocked instead would set off extra security.
 


Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
OOC: Sounds like it.

"What's the secondary one trip if it goes?" inquires the troll once Juno communicates her 'lock findings.

If it's an alarm or s'mthing else that needs power- well then they're golden!
 

GreenKarl

First Post
Sovereign answers "It this was a normal situation I would bet it would alert security and slam down an extra security door or seal or even set off some kind of trap. Now it all depends what's on the other side. As far as I can tell there is no extra power on the door for security on this side I don't think anything can happen if we trip something. But you can never guarantee anything with a corp like Aztechnology."
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Hm," agrees the big guy with a nod. "So let's try it then. We'll guard."


OOC: Back to the ready action for him. You want to roll for Juno, GK? I'm thinking try until we get it or there's a consequence for failing?
 

Shayuri

First Post
Juno frowns and produces her mag-key kit. For a moment she's fitting little components together, then scanning the lock with a small instrument, then making adjustments. It doesn't take long before she presses her custom-built mag-key to the locking mechanism and turns it on.

(OOC - I actually don't know what attribute to base this on, but I'll just roll a d20 and we'll figure it out. :) [roll0] Prof bonus is +2, Dex is +4 or Int is +1 or whatever you judge relevant)
 


GreenKarl

First Post
(OOC - I actually don't know what attribute to base this on, but I'll just roll a d20 and we'll figure it out. :) [roll0] Prof bonus is +2, Dex is +4 or Int is +1 or whatever you judge relevant)

GM: Note as Sovereign also has the skill you have advantage on this check. Its Intelligence or Dexterity plus your Proficiency bonus. If you take your time you can get a +2 bonus but that takes an minute to try the test
 

Shayuri

First Post
(ah, advantage! Thanks for the reminder about that. [roll0] using Dex; not taking extra time just yet)

(lol, the dice they burn cold, the dice they burn hot)
 

GreenKarl

First Post
With a bit of glee Juno slots past the security protocols unlocking the door! As the locks releases she feels air blow through the seals. The door was obviously sealed with pressurized air from the other side. She thinks (not 100%) that there was no alarm set of when she unlocked it BUT if there is security on the other side with power set up it might have alerted anyone who had set such a condition know its now unlocked (i.e. "If this door's unlocks let me know").
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Niiice," the troll compliments Junol with a thumbs up. "Anything onthe Node front from inthere, Sov?"

Faraday's broken, so let run the nodes of war!


OOC: Maintaining his Ready. No noise from the storage room, GK? (or from the just-opened door?)
 

GreenKarl

First Post
Sovereign seems to focus and whispers "Something... its definitely some high end stealth mode..." The deckers hands move about in the air as he interacts with something only visible to him in AR. After a second he continues "We are going to have to open to door for me to access it though. The door is still blocking out the wireless feed."

NTensity peers back towards the open door down the hallway but does not hear anything. It does not appear that the big mutant could have gone anywhere else but if its in their its keeping really quiet.
 

Shayuri

First Post
"There is a very good chance we're officially on a timer right now," Juno reports, putting her kit away. "If they had any kind of monitor on the door, it'll be showing it open right now. I don't think there's an alarm, but it's a bit too much to hope no one will notice this for long."
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
It does not appear that the big mutant could have gone anywhere else but if its in their its keeping really quiet.
Bled itself to f***ing death if they're lucky!

"Alright, so let's jet." A bit reassured, the troll drops his surveilance and grabs the big 'lock door from the side. "On three? One. Two..."


[sblock=Actions]After giving everybody a chance to ready whatever actions they want, NTensity will open the door from the side (using his Reach to be out of the direct line of fire). Ready-action to slam it back closed if something jumps out....

If nothing does, he'll peek in[/sblock]
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top