So, What's The Challenge Rating Of All Those Demon Lords?

Out of the Abyss is out today in selected game stores (it'll be out elsewhere on September 15th), and many folks have already gotten their copies. As details trickle in (Drizzt is not in the adventure), here's one quick tidbit courtesy of EN World member Evandis: the Challenge Rating of the eight demon lords who are rampaging around the Underdark! Head down to your local game store (assuming it's a Wizards Play Network store) today to grab the adventure, produced for WotC by Green Ronin.

Out of the Abyss is out today in selected game stores (it'll be out elsewhere on September 15th), and many folks have already gotten their copies. As details trickle in (Drizzt is not in the adventure), here's one quick tidbit courtesy of EN World member Evandis: the Challenge Rating of the eight demon lords who are rampaging around the Underdark! Head down to your local game store (assuming it's a Wizards Play Network store) today to grab the adventure, produced for WotC by Green Ronin.

Baphomet CR 23
Fraz-Urb'luu CR 23
Juiblex CR 23
Zuggtmoy CR 23
Graz'zt CR 24
Yeenoghu CR 24
Demogorgon CR 26
Orcus CR 26

outoftheabyss.jpg

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
I would never do limited magic immunity. Casters are screwed enough without having their level 4 or lower slots made useless against demon lords as well as saves against higher level spells against Legendary Resistance and complete immunity to cantrips. A caster might as well not even show up.

CapnZapp

Legend
I would never do limited magic immunity. Casters are screwed enough without having their level 4 or lower slots made useless against demon lords as well as saves against higher level spells against Legendary Resistance and complete immunity to cantrips. A caster might as well not even show up.
I believe this is more directed against dave2008 than anything said in this thread.

Could I ask you to bring that up in his thread instead? I invite discussion, but more on how to handle WotCs stat blocks and OotA demon lords.

Thanks!

I gave Juiblex a 500 ft teleport at will. Kitting in a complex of caves is also going to be hard. Combined with his Regen and the fact that you need magic to hurt him.

Remove ads

Remove ads