So who all plans on playing DDO?

Will DDO be part of your life?

• Absolutely! Ill play this game every day of my life.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Possibly, depends how it turns out and adapts the rules.

Votes: 48 55.2%
  • No, i dont do that stuff.

Votes: 29 33.3%
  • Whats DDO? and for that matter whats an MMORPG?

Votes: 3 3.4%

Jupp

Explorer
jdrakeh said:
I played in about that same time frame, actually - I think on the cusp of 98/99. I know that at least two of my roomies had regular accounts up until Fall of 2000. Out of curiosity, what shard did you typically play on?

I played on Chesapeake. When the German servers went up I did migrate to Drachenfels. Though I still did play on Chesapeake for some time cause som buddies did not move to DF.

Ok, enough thread hi-jacking. Don't wanna have the experience of Henry throwing things at me :p

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
Possibly, but unlikely. I have heard too many issues that will keep me away--the non-implementation of Eberron races and base classes primarily, but also the non-implementation of psionics on a world where I consider psionics to be essential to a couple of the more interesting metaplots.

Thanee

First Post
Will definitely give it a look, just because it's D&D, but whether (or rather how long) I will actually play it depends on how good it turns out to be. From what I've seen, I expect it to turn out not so well to be more than a short distraction.

Bye
Thanee

Ralen

First Post
Originaly I was very excited to play the game. I've played many of the MMO's, through primarily I was a UO, then EQ, and lastly a WoW player. After seeing the alpha and now the beta I must say I am disappointed. I wish I could post more, but with their NDA I am nervous to say much about game details. I will keep pluggin away in the beta with hopes that I can help them make the game the best they can and hopefully offer some opinions that will guide things in a better direction. Sadly though, unless some drastic changes are made I will not be playing once I have to pay for it.

freebfrost

Explorer
I voted in the maybe column - it depends on how good the game turns out to be.

I loved games like Diablo 2 which started to have that online playability, but have yet to find a true MMORPG game that makes me willing to pay a monthly fee.

Maybe DDO will live up to the hype?

Troll Wizard

First Post
Insight said:
Is there a trick to getting into the public beta? I have applied, but haven't heard anything back.

Beta 1 just started last Thursday, it's not open or public it's still by invitation only. They have invited in people from different registration points. Though they have said that posting on their boards supposedily provides the best the chance for being selected. I imagine that the quality of your posts would also matter.

Remove ads