So who all plans on playing DDO?

Will DDO be part of your life?

• Absolutely! Ill play this game every day of my life.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Possibly, depends how it turns out and adapts the rules.

Votes: 48 55.2%
  • No, i dont do that stuff.

Votes: 29 33.3%
  • Whats DDO? and for that matter whats an MMORPG?

Votes: 3 3.4%

ToddSchumacher

I like to draw!
I probably won't be playing. the instant I heard (read) that my characters ability to survive combat went from the character's combat skills to my twitching, buton-clicking abilities made me lose interest.

I'm more looking forward to Neverwinter Nights 2.

KenM

Banned
Banned
From what someone else has posted on here about DDO, I'll skip it. They are making too many changes and it won't be DnD.

John Crichton

First Post
I voted no. Not because of anything to do with the game itself. I will be too busy playing Civ Iv, The Movies and other assorted offline CRPGs to have any time for this one.

It would truly have to be something extra special to drag me away from that other stuff.

RithTheAwakener

First Post
Bagpuss said:
After playing Guildwars I don't see the point in paying a monthly fee on top of the box price to play an online PC game.

I wouldnt base your opinion just on guild wars, IMO that game was terrible :D

Ralen said:
After seeing the alpha and now the beta I must say I am disappointed. I wish I could post more, but with their NDA I am nervous to say much about game details. I will keep pluggin away in the beta with hopes that I can help them make the game the best they can and hopefully offer some opinions that will guide things in a better direction. Sadly though, unless some drastic changes are made I will not be playing once I have to pay for it.

That makes me very sad to hear, hopefully they make it better. Gaining exp based off of quests solely sounds very good... If its good or bad, me and my D&D group are going to give it a shot during the free month. If it turns out bad, looks like I'll devote my time to ElderScrolls 4.

Graf

Explorer
Dinkeldog said:
Possibly, but unlikely. I have heard too many issues that will keep me away--the non-implementation of Eberron races and base classes primarily, but also the non-implementation of psionics on a world where I consider psionics to be essential to a couple of the more interesting metaplots.
While I'm not so excited about the game I feel obliged to point out that this kind of complaint is precisely why monthly feeds become important: Because they will keep developing new content.

They may get greedy and try to lock this stuff away in explansions you pay extra for but if you watch blizzard with WoW they regularly add very significant amounts of content.

Psionics,etc. should come in time. Right now you can "put it in the world" with NPCs and so forth while having it be "too rare for every other character to have psionics".

WoW did the same thing with Blood Elves, there were a few NPCs around showing where they were going to take the race on day one (arranging for horde characters to strike at night elf bases) and lo and behold a year later they're a playable race on the side of the horde.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
I'm going to skip it. I'm not into Eberron but even moreso I find MMORPG to be a very poor role playing experience. The static worlds with everyone doing the same quests over and over and over just destroys any sense of immersion. When you finish a big time quest and then you group only to find that three other people now have to do that same quest...it makes the fact that you have no impact at all on the setting all to clear. It would have to be a massive shift in game style compared to EQ, EQ2, WoW, CoH, etc, for me to consider it.

Zulithe

Explorer
I want to play it, but I already have a weekly face-to-face campaign going. Just how much D&D do I need? I'm betting at least one of my friends will get it though. If it blows away every other MMORPG I've played so far, I might. Otherwise... I wish it the best, but I only have so much time in the day for games. :)

WizarDru

Adventurer
As someone who played Asheron's Call for 3.5 years (Turbine's first game), I'm looking forward to it. Not computer game is going to replicate the D&D rules exactly...and the only game to come close was Temple of Elemental Evil (which was referred to by many as the best game they'd ever hated :)). Turbine has always been very good at the monthly content updates: that was one of AC's biggest selling points. I fully expect they'll add things like new races and lots of new content as time passes.

I'm not looking for a rules-perfect implementation of D&D. I love NWN, but it's pretty far off from true D&D, too. I just want a reasonable recreation of the experience...and DDO has the potential to provide that.

Dark Jezter

First Post
I probably won't be playing D&D Online. I'm still as addicted to World of Warcraft as I was when the game first came out, and that dosen't appear to be changing anytime soon. Plus, the WoW expansion pack is coming out next year, which will give me even more cool stuff to enjoy.

D&D Online sounds cool based on what I've read, but I'm not going to pay for two MMOPRG subscriptions at once.

CrusaderX

First Post
ToddSchumacher said:
I'm more looking forward to Neverwinter Nights 2.

Same here. MMORPGs no longer hold my interest enough to justify the costs. Even CoH and WoW, which I thought were good, solid games, weren't worth the monthly fee IMO.

Remove ads