• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Special Conversion Thread: Lycanthropes and their ilk

Shade

Monster Junkie
Since they are just sample creatures for the template, I'm content with the flavor we've got. Let me know when the working draft is finalized, and I'll add it to the template entry.

Cleon

Legend
Since they are just sample creatures for the template, I'm content with the flavor we've got. Let me know when the working draft is finalized, and I'll add it to the template entry.

It was missing the DR 10/silver and the wolf form's bite had *1 Str instead of *1.5.

Anyone else spot any errors?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Nothing really jumps out at me, but I don't have the time to dig through stat blocks too carefully right now.

Cleon

Legend
Nothing really jumps out at me, but I don't have the time to dig through stat blocks too carefully right now.

Well I'm spending far more time here than is sensible. :)

Let's have another look...

The wolf & hybrid form should have flat-footed AC 14.

Apart from that I can't find anything wrong.

I'll fix the Working Draft.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Added to the template.

We can finally move on to a non-dire lycanthrope!

Werelion
No. Appearing: 1-6
Armor Class: 5
Move: 15”
Hit Dice: 6+3
% in Lair: 10%
Treasure Type: D,S
No. of Attacks: 3 (5)
Damage/Attack: 1-10/1-4/1-4
Special Attacks: 2-7/2-7 rake, surprise leap
Intelligence: High
Alignment Lawful neutral
Size L

Werelion. This creature is capable of leaping 20’ onto its prey from a standing or crouched position. It is typically found in rough, tropical areas or on savannas far from human habitation. It is 10% likely to be found among prides of true lions, but prefers to form its own lycanthrope prides. As with all werecats, it can speak with all other cats and werecats. It surprises prey on a roll of 1-3. It may rake with rear claws as a lion.

Originally appeared in Dragon Magazine #40 (1980).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads