Special Conversion Thread: Lycanthropes and their ilk

Cleon

Legend
That'll work for me.

Updating the Loup du Noir Working Draft.

Feats: something for the battleaxe? I was thinking Weapon Focus and maybe Improved Crit, but the crit range is already pretty big. Maybe Weapon Focus (battleaxe) and Power Attack.

I think the Weapon Focus & Improved Critical would work better. He doesn't have that great an attack bonus for his CR, so I'm not sure Power Attack would be of much use.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Yeah, I wasn't making too much sense about Imp Crit above. Let's do Weapon Focus and Imp Crit, both on the battleaxe.

Cleon

Legend
Yeah, I wasn't making too much sense about Imp Crit above. Let's do Weapon Focus and Imp Crit, both on the battleaxe.

Updating the Loup du Noir Working Draft. Might as well update the Locathah Loup du Mer while I'm at it.

Hold on a mo, we still haven't given the "Loup du Hunter" the ability advancement it gets for its extra levels. It ought to have a +1 for when it reaches 8 HD.

Put it in Strength?

We also need to decide on its Ranger spell. I'd favour a utility movement spell such as jump, longstrider or pass without trace; but if you prefer a combat spell entangle or magic fang would do the trick.

freyar

Ready for the locathath? I don't think the examples need a description and background separate from the template.

Cleon

Legend
Ready for the locathath? I don't think the examples need a description and background separate from the template.

Well we could give improve its gear if we wanted - it's got 816 gp worth, and a 5th level NPC's standard wealth is 4300 gp. That's enough for a +1 battleaxe, masterwork bow & handaxe and a masterwork chain shirt.

I wasn't planning to bother with the Description/Background for either of the sample creatures, the placeholders for those entries were just copied in their out of habit.

freyar

Sure, let's upgrade the equipment as you suggest.

Do we want to give the locathath any equipment? It's reasonably interesting even without anything special.

Cleon

Legend
You know, the lack of a hybrid form really doesn't do the Loup du Noir Hunter any favours in a fight.

It's all right for a low level Loup melee combatant, cause at least they get a decent bite damage, speed, and DR in dire wolf form, but a high level fighter-type would usually be better off staying in human form - at least they get iterative attacks that way.

I've still got the stats for the base 1st level Warrior Loup du Noir. Methinks it's worth adding them to the draft.

Remove ads