Special Conversion Thread: Lycanthropes and their ilk

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
And here's that draft.

Let's get the ? off of human. Do you agree that we're ready for skills and feats on this sample?

Also, I don't think we usually repeat all the SA and SQ descriptions under the sample statblock.

Cleon

Legend
And here's that draft.

Let's get the ? off of human. Do you agree that we're ready for skills and feats on this sample?

Also, I don't think we usually repeat all the SA and SQ descriptions under the sample statblock.

I'll remove the question marks and most of the Red Brackets from the Loup du Noir Working Draft.

Don't recall us ever having a clear policy either way as to repeat the descriptions for sample monsters. We've got examples of both in the CC. I'd rather leave them in, since it means DMs can use the entry as a "cut out and keep" monster with all the special abilities spelled out.

freyar

Well, might as well leave it in. Hopefully, not too many people are actually printing out the CC web page entries. ;)

Skills: Survival 6, Hide 2, Listen 2, Move Silently 2, Spot 2?

Cleon

Legend
Well, might as well leave it in. Hopefully, not too many people are actually printing out the CC web page entries. ;)

Skills: Survival 6, Hide 2, Listen 2, Move Silently 2, Spot 2?

Hold on a mo, the SPs in the working draft are wrong. I didn't change the numbers when we changed class to Ranger.

It should have Skills: 40 ranger plus 6 dire wolf.

As I believe I mentioned earlier, the SRD Dire Wolf has its skills wrong - its ranks are Hide 0, Listen 2, Move Silently 0, Spot 2, Survival 1, so it's missing 4 SPs. It'd work out OK it it had some other feat instead of Alertness and those points were in Listen and Spot.

How about putting 8 apiece in Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Spot and Survival plus 6 in Handle Animal?

freyar

That'll work for me.

Feats: something for the battleaxe? I was thinking Weapon Focus and maybe Improved Crit, but the crit range is already pretty big. Maybe Weapon Focus (battleaxe) and Power Attack.

Remove ads