Spring Ceramic DM™: WINNER POSTED!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Oh, there are stories buried in those pictures, all right. In some ways I think this is easier than other picture sets. :)

Or maybe I'm just saying that. It's hard to be sure.

Macbeth

First Post
I do actuallly think they are in some ways easier then other picture sets. I think that they don't clash as much as some of the other sets, but that they also don't have too many linking factors. Especially the one with mystery in it's title by Sialia. What the heck am I going to do with that one?

BSF

Explorer
Now that I am not trying to write a story, I can just look at Sialia's art. I will refrain from deep commentary here.

Sialia, this one almost makes me cry. If there is a place where you want more commentary, let me know. (Perhaps in your art thread?)

Back to the pictures and the stories. Yes, there are definitely combinations that flow together easier than others. I'm not sure I would have the energy to link these together, but it would have been interesting to try. Good luck to both of you.

alsih2o

First Post
Can I take a moment to say P-cat has done an excellent job with the photo selection and groupings?

Arwink and maldur I will not praise yet, as not to jinx them.

:p

Sialia

First Post
BardStephenFox said:
Now that I am not trying to write a story, I can just look at Sialia's art. I will refrain from deep commentary here.

Sialia, this one almost makes me cry. If there is a place where you want more commentary, let me know. (Perhaps in your art thread?)

Back to the pictures and the stories. Yes, there are definitely combinations that flow together easier than others. I'm not sure I would have the energy to link these together, but it would have been interesting to try. Good luck to both of you.
Ai. I was secretly hoping you would make it to this round, 'cause I knew you'd see things in that one. I'm still curious about what you'd have done with it--maybe there's a good post for over in kiln-fired, once the entires are posted for this round up here.

If you just want to talk about it, go ahead and email me.

Macbeth--don't sweat the title of Mysteries 1. When I started doing the illustrations for this competition, I broke them into three sets: Mysteries, Secrets and Visions. And then I gave them all really generic, meaningless names like "Mysteries1" "Mysteries2" "Mysteries3" and so on. So the title itself is not really a clue. Unless you want it to be.
The photograph embedded in the collage is by Jeff Korenstein, and I borrowed it with permission.
If it would help, I have a much larger resolution version of Mysteries1 and I could post it if there are details you want to be able to see better. I pared it down to a standard size that would fit easily on most monitors and download quickly. The original is huge.

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
They've sweated their way through three other stories to get here, so I don't think they count as victims. That makes them volunteers.

Last edited:

mythago

Hero
Daulnay pointed out the lack of smack talk...

So after some diligent Google searching, I was able to find ANOTHER part of a draft of The Scottish Play! It doesn't look like they scanned in the conclusion, sadly.

Attachments

• smacktalk.pdf
    46.9 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:

Remove ads