• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SPYCRAFT : Blood Money (Medecin Sans Frontière)

Luddite

First Post
SPYCRAFT : Blood Money (Medecin Sans Frontière)

Luddite, along with his companions head reach the camp of Medecin Sans Frontière. He shows his credentials and is greeted by one of the staff.

-Luddite

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Kim follows dressed in traveling clothes a backpack over the shoulder and glasses. He has a nervous gait and looks to be a little bewildered by all the sights...

"So this is the MSF?"

Kim looks around curiously and fixes his glasses and looks to Luddite... and then follows with a sigh.

Last edited:

Game Control

First Post
MSF

The camps is overcrowded. It looks more like a refugee camp than a charity hospital. There are minimal buildings for the administrative staff, labs and intensive care but for the most part this camp is composed of large tents.

There are 2 soldiers in uniform knocking out beers under a parasol. Whatever their function at the camp is, it doesn't seem to be to check in the new arrivals. A young male nurse does this. He seems eager to make a good impression but comes across as just a little too enthusiastic.

He leads you to Lana Gauthier, a senior staff member here at the camp who is going to lead you on a tour of the facilities and fill you in on the TB crisis.

You navigate through the pitiful patients, most looking on death's door, and reach the administrative building. The nurse leads you through to Lana's office which is overflowing with papers and books.

Looking up at you from behind a pile of dossiers is a surprisingly young woman with dyed her and a contagious smile. She speaks fluent english.

-''Hi there. Sorry for the mess but whenever I blink someone sneak in and puts some more stuff on my desk. All of it marked URGENT, of course. But I',m gonna make some time for you, especially if it can lead to some much needed support. Come on in!''

Last edited:

Game Control

First Post
And here is Lana Gauthier

Attachments

• lana.jpg
    lana.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 256

Tokiwong

First Post
Kim smiles despite himself...

"Well I am glad to be here... Hung Ji Kim... but just call me a Kim... and I am pleased to meet you Miss Gautheir. I am actually looking forward to getting some work done and finishing up my thesis on the epidemic of TB and Aids here in Africa..."

Kim smiles charmingly... almost wolf-like sizing up his prey...

"But outside of the obvious problems... the country is rather entertaining... I look forward to getting a look around... you know see what I am getting into..." chuckles softly.

Kim takes a seat and fixes his glasses...

"Oh and I like the hair..."

Kim flashes his winning smile once more...

OOC: Sheesh his one weakness... hot chicks... okay using Bluff +10 to make a good impression and then Innuendo +8 to infer that there is alot more then the just the tour he would like to see... Kim likey miss Lana Gautheir

Luddite

First Post
Looks over at Kim, looks back at Ms. Gauthier. He then he opens up his breifcase and pulls out hihs note pad.

That will be all Kim, this is not Homewood Campus Quad. We have work to do. He then addresses Ms Gauthier As you are aware, we have been asked to come here on behalf of the Red Cross, and with Cooperation with the Johns Hopkins Medical Research, to study the recent out break of TB.

[ OOC: I say enough to establish our cover, but not to realy push it. Pretty much I don't want to push my "bluff" much since I don't have any. Only Charisma +2.

For the most part I start droning on about the type of statists and correlations we hope to establish. I want to be as boring and uninteresting as possilbe. I will let Kim be the center of attention. However at some point I slip in the following phrase. ]

One of the papers that I found interesting was a preliminary report from the WHO. I was able to talk to Dr. Beaujolais about it. A facinating gentelman, though I think a little off in his conclusions.

[ OOC: I want to see if that name has any recongnition. Sense Motive +4. I continue on for a bit longer explaining what I am looking for, and eventauly ask to see what data they have colleted already. For the most part, I want to convince her that I am some boring Egg-Head Statistican, and that Kim is much more exciting. Then be left alone with the case files. ]

-Luddite

Tokiwong

First Post
OOC: I take it the plan will be I get her attention and you slip in some info and allow you some peace to get som real surveillance done and possibly find where we can find the Doctor? Cool Kim gets to work his magic on a hot chick...

Last edited:

Luddite

First Post
Tokiwong said:
OOC: I take it the plan will be I get her attention and you slip in some info and allow you some peace to get som real surveillance done and possibly find where we can find the Doctor? Cool Kim gets to work his magic on a hot chick...

[ OOC: You learn quickly grass hopper :D ]

-Luddite

Game Control

First Post
Some warmth leave Lana's voice as she answer Kim's presentation with a thin and strained smile.

-''Yes, I'm sure you'll find plenty of entertainment. If you ask around, I'm sure some staff members would be glad to give you some pointers.''

She looks gratefully at Luddite as he brings back the conversation to the matter at hand and hand out several dossier containing the required statistics. When Luddite brings the subject of the WHO she frowns slightly.

-''Yes, the WHO has proven a staunch ally these past month, trying to get some attention to our plight. What do you mean about the conclusions?''

[OOC: Bluff rolled 16 + 10, Innuendo 14 + 8.

Sense motive, Kim 13 + 7, Luddite 16 + 4

Lana reacted coldly to the presentation of Kim.

You get the feeling that it's because of the sentence about having fun in Binga in conjonction with the sexual innuendo.

Furthermore, you get the idea that it's not because she finds Kim unatractive or a boor. To the contrary, he's been very charming as the dice rolls can attest. Instead, you think that there is a local context that you are unaware of that lead Lana to interpret Kim's motivation in a very unflattering light. What this context is, you don't know (or else you wouldn't have tripped on it!). And since she so quickly latched on Luddite's comments in order to bring the conversation on a more professional ground, you believe you should be subtle in your attempt to find more about this matter.]

Last edited:

Luddite

First Post
Game Control said:

She looks gratefully at Luddite as he brings back the conversation to the matter at hand and hand out several dossier containing the required statistics. When Luddite brings the subject of the WHO she frowns slightly.

-''Yes, the WHO has proven a staunch ally these past month, trying to get some attention to our plight. What do you mean about the conclusions?''

[OOC: Bluff rolled 16 + 10, Innuendo 14 + 8.

Sense motive, Kim 13 + 7, Luddite 16 + 4

Luddite picks up on the que and pushes his next card

Dr. Alexandre Beaujolais feels that the TB epidemic is not as extenisive as once thought. They feel that this strain of TB is localized and realy just a function of the AIDS crisis.

[ OOC: for the most part I am using what I learned when I was snooping in the WHO database. ]

Collegueges of mine at the CDC feel the same way as those at the WHO. Though myself and others in the Red Cross wanted to get some information ourselves.

[ OOC: In the various reports I have seen/read, did I get a statment or opinion from Dr. Gournay on the Epidemic. More to the point, does Dr. Gournay see things the same way as what Beaujolais is reporting? My goal right now is to have Lana suggest that I talk to Gournay to get a better understanding then "Those pencil pushers in thier cushy offices" or similar.]

-Luddite

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads