Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker Trailer

Zardnaar

Legend
So you can do a clone/essence transfer as was done in the Dark Empire Comics.

Or..

You can use Sith holocrons or flashback sequences (as has been rumoured).

Hope they don't go Dark Empire unless its an outright clone perhaps. Dark Empire wasn't a good part of the old EU. Theres a variety of ways they can go with it, several make sense in universe (DS spirit, clones, Operation Cinder Droids).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So that opening scene with Rey and the TIE Interceptor. It doesn’t shoot at her, just chases her up close at ground level. Whoever is piloting it doesn’t want to kill her (you’d fire the ship’s guns at her, probably from much higher up in a strafing run).

So is this some kind of training exercise?

Dioltach

Legend
So is this some kind of training exercise?

Question 1. A TIE Interceptor is coming at you at ground level. You are armed with a lightsaber. What do you do?
A. Kill it with your mind.
B. Wait until it is close, then run away.
C. Jump on top of it.
D. Other: ......

Zardnaar

Legend
Question 1. A TIE Interceptor is coming at you at ground level. You are armed with a lightsaber. What do you do?
A. Kill it with your mind.
B. Wait until it is close, then run away.
C. Jump on top of it.
D. Other: ......

A use the force and nudge it into the ground. It was flying very very low.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Loved the Lando sighting. I had heard that each of the movies were also going to be wrapping up an arc of a character from the original trilogy - Han, Luke, then Leia. (That's what I think the whole training of Poe to be more than a hot shot pilot was in TLJ.) Carrie Fisher's untimely and saddening death may have caused a rejiggering of that, and having Lando show up as their legacy character may help complete that.

Oh, and enjoy this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFqtwlTXTPY&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2tK0Q2VBlbAs19Vtkwma5bbKKL1YSEadomicH66JKSbRDpwvEtTaJKdjI

I tried to enjoy that clip. However, I can't hear that song, and not picture the scene from Shawn of the Dead.

Its been a few days, and man. This is a good 'teaser' trailer. Its got me thinking about possibilities way too much. And wishing it was coming soon. We just got out of Winter here, what is wrong with me!? Damn you Star Wars!

GreyLord

Legend
My gamble...

Palps survives NOT as Palpatine, but an essence or holocron via a piece of equipment that Kylo has been carrying. It may be that piece of roundish yellow item that you see in the trailer...it might not.

Of course, if Luke could be resurrected, so could Palps theoretically. The question is...is that what actually happens or not...

On the Death Star item, it seems everyone is saying it is the Death Star, but seems quite small to me. Curvature on the size of the Death Star Would be several times on the order of that...but then...who pays attention to the size of things in the OT anymore?

If it was a piece of it (but not the outer portion), why does it have a triangular backside?

Still, it would be interesting if it landed on ENDOR rather than it's moon. Does the moon even have oceans?

Which has more water and oceans...the Moon of Endor or Yavin 4?

Interesting debate.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases