• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[STILL RECRUITING ALTERNATES] Lobo's Eberron Game

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
By no means am I any good at writing stories (at least that is what I tell myself) but my friends think I write some pretty good stories every now and then about our adventures. So I am currently writing my background and trying to incorporate every character in it so far. I have some pretty good ideas and hopefully I am not taking too many liberites with your characters. When I am done with it in a couple of hours (damn work getting in the way) I will post it and see what you guys think. If you want me to change anyting just let me know.

Xael

First Post
tyrlaan said:
Xael,
From reading your background, I'm getting the sense that Xarut is almost looking for something to happen. Looking for something big to come along. Not necessarily a cause, but something "big." Assuming I'm not off the mark, I could see Takis telling you about his plans and it perhaps striking a chord.

What do you think?

Well, he's not actually waiting for something to happen, but he sure wouldn't mind anything exiting. He's looking for different kind of experiences.

Scotley said:
Anyway, Xael, Mortachi could have met Xarut at the undying court and then become reaquainted after they arrived in Sharn or they could have even traveled there together if you like.

Possible, Xarut wouldn't have minded company after he left the Aerenal. He could have certainly used somebody to show him around, since he hadn't had much contact with nonelves before he left.

Some rules-lawyering things:

1. Is Mortachi actually proficient with that scythe? Since they changed scythes to be martial weapons in 3.5.

2. Rik gets +2 synergy bonus from both Sense Motive and Bluff to his Diplomacy, so the total modifier would be +12. Also, there's a typo in the Rapier's price. It reads 230 instead of 330. And wouldn't Knowledge, Streetwise be Knowledge, Local?

Xael said:
2. Rik gets +2 synergy bonus from both Sense Motive and Bluff to his Diplomacy, so the total modifier would be +12. Also, there's a typo in the Rapier's price. It reads 230 instead of 330. And wouldn't Knowledge, Streetwise be Knowledge, Local?

I didn't total in Synergy, but you're right. Those area usually up to the DM when they count, anyway.

As for the typo...its only that. I deducted the 330 but typed it wrong.

And Knoweldge(streetwise) is not really the same as Knowledge(local). I can change it, but streetwise implies...well, knowing how to deal with life in the streets, not specific to a single location that 'Local' would. Again, I can change it no problem. :)

One last thing...Defcon's character is taking the Least Dragonmark feat in place of his 'Favored in the House' region feat. Lobo wanted me to change my Urban Tracking to a lesser powered Alertness for the region thing...can I change this back yet? ;)

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Xael said:
Some rules-lawyering things:

1. Is Mortachi actually proficient with that scythe? Since they changed scythes to be martial weapons in 3.5.

1) I hadn't gone over Mortachi yet, but this is true. Sythes are two-handed martial weapons (I fear for my npcs and monsters should you ever roll a critical).

2) Yes, the skill should be Knowledge: Local... Ankh's StarWars background betrays him. ;) I can see the difference between Streetwise and Know: Local... but for most intents and purposes they are essentially the same skill.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
One last thing...Defcon's character is taking the Least Dragonmark feat in place of his 'Favored in the House' region feat. Lobo wanted me to change my Urban Tracking to a lesser powered Alertness for the region thing...can I change this back yet? ;)

Eh... okay. One day I'll learn to say no. :eek:

Lobo Lurker said:
2) Yes, the skill should be Knowledge: Local... Ankh's StarWars background betrays him. ;) I can see the difference between Streetwise and Know: Local... but for most intents and purposes they are essentially the same skill.

Yep, always liked it. Changed and fixed that rapier pricing typo.

tyrlaan

Explorer
Xael said:
[/b]Well, he's not actually waiting for something to happen, but he sure wouldn't mind anything exiting. He's looking for different kind of experiences.

Okay, in that case, Takis would have explained his plans to "take the fight to the enemy" and that he's looking to start by doing what he can to "cleanse" Xen'Drik.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads