• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Still Recruiting for multiple games/ideas! Post Your Thoughts!

Rystil Arden

First Post
LogicsFate said:
Naw, need an intel score to play wizards, now clerics, thats where it's at, what do psions go of of now a days?
Int, but if you can convince the GM to use the awful 3.0 system, you can get it to go off Strength or even Con :lol:

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Rystil Arden said:
If I play a black pudding, do I get to control all the little split puddings?

It's a question that's come up before.

Split (Ex) is an extraordinary quality that you gain with the Shapechange spell. If you Shapechange into a pudding, and Split into two identical pudding each with half the original's hit points, does the rule "Any part of the body or piece of equipment that is separated from the whole reverts to its true form" come into play? Or since the two are identical, can it be said that no part of the body has separated from the whole; rather, there are now two whole bodies? If they're identical, are they both shapechanged wizards? And are both wizards PCs, or is one an NPC? Which one?

(Further information: A Huge black pudding with 120 hit points, taking up 9 squares, can be split into 16 Huge black puddings with 7 hit points, each taking up 9 squares. Each one has fewer hit points, but is otherwise identical.)

For more fun, imagine a PrC that allows an ooze familiar. The hit points are always equal to half the caster's. You cause it to split, and normally, each split pudding would have half the hit points of the original... but the hit points of a familiar are always half the caster's. Are both of them familiars? One of them? Neither of them? If one or both are still a familiar, the familiar can be split again, and again, and again, and never drop below the 10hp can't-split-any-more threshold.

-Hyp.

LogicsFate

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Int, but if you can convince the GM to use the awful 3.0 system, you can get it to go off Strength or even Con :lol:

I haven't even looked at the 3.5 psions(exept for soul knife), I think 3rd edition just soured my entire perception on them

Remove ads