D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder [OOC]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Given the current lineup, I wouldn't mind playing Carolina, a halfling rogue. This is a character that I've played in both 3rd and 4th editions, but I've yet to play a 5th edition incarnation of her. Here's a look at a quick summary, with a more proper sheet to follow if selected: View attachment Carolina.pdf

** EDIT **
Here's a proper pbp character sheet, as promised.
[SBLOCK=Character Portrait]
6fplj5.jpg
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Backstory]
"Carolina was born to a high ranking lieutenant in a prominent thieves guild. She was small even by halfling standards, and guild officials quickly began training her to use her size to her (and the guild’s) advantage by training her in the art of stealth and breaking and entering. Carolina rarely saw her mother and secretly loathed her for her lack of affection--and for allowing the guild to use her as a tool. Not having the chance to experience life outside of the guild, Carolina swore to one day break free and strike out on her own.

Perhaps sooner than she could have imagined, she got her chance.

Carolina watched from the sewers beneath the city as her house was successfully defending an attack brought on by a rival guild. Soon she saw opportunity, and sneaked into the bowels of her own guild house. Without even an instant of hesitation, she put a torch to the structure's supporting timbers.

Back down in the sewers, Carolina waited… and waited. After the screams had subsided and the last of the smoke began to drift away, she made her way back out onto the blackened streets. Wading through the rubble of her fallen guild house, she didn’t even notice when she stepped on her mother’s charred hand. Convinced her work was done, she left the city and never looked back.

Carolina now wonders the countryside experiencing whatever life has to offer. Those who encounter her are often surprised at her stoicism and lack of typical halfling merriment, but those few who take the time to get to know her will find that the have made a friend for life. Those who dare to cross her may find their backs the target of a well placed crossbow bolt."
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Carolina (Halfling Rogue 1)]
Name: Carolina
Sex: Female
Race: Halfling
Class/Level: Rogue 1
Alignment: Neutral
Size: Small
Type (Subtype): Humanoid (halfling)
Init: +3
Speed: 25ft
Senses:
Passive Perception: 13
Languages Common, Halfling, Thieve's Cant

STATISTICS
Str 8 (-1), Dex 17 (+3), Con 12 (+1), Int 14 (+2), Wis 13 (+1), Cha 11 (+0)

[SBLOCK=DEFENSE]
AC: 14 (Leather, +3 Dex)
HP: 9 (1d8 +1 con)
Saves: Dexterity +5, Intelligence +4
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=OFFENSE]
Melee: Shortsword 5 Attack, 1d6+3 Piercing
Melee: Dagger +5 Attack, 1d4+3 Piercing (finesse, thrown, 20/60 range)
Ranged: Shortbow +5 Attack, 1d6+3 Piercing
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=SKILLS]
4 Fighter, 2 background; Proficient skills in bold
Mod Attribute Name of Skill
+7 (dex) Acrobatics
+1 (wis) Animal Handling
+2 (int) Arcana
-1 (str) Athletics
+2 (cha) Deception
+2 (int) History
+1 (wis) Insight
+0 (cha) Intimidation
+4 (int) Investigation
+1 (wis) Medicine
+2 (int) Nature
+3 (wis) Perception
+0 (cha) Performance
+0 (cha) Persuasion
+2 (int) Religion
+4 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+7 (dex) Stealth
+1 (wis) Survival
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=RACIAL FEATURES]
Lucky: When you roll a 1 on an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw, you can reroll the die and must use the new roll
Brave: You have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.
Halfling Nimbleness: You can move through the space of any creature that is of a size larger than yours.
Languages: Common, Halfling
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=BACKGROUND FEATURES]
Criminal
Skill Proficiencies: Deception, Stealth
Tool Proficiencies: One type of gaming set (Bone dice), Forgery kit
Language None
Feature (Criminal Contact): You have a reliable and trustworthy contact who acts as your liason to a network of other criminals.

Traits: "I am incredibly slow to trust. Those who seem the fairest often have the most to hide." "I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let me emotions control me."
Ideal: "People. I'm loyal to my friends, not to any ideals, and everyone else can take a trip down the Styx for all I care."
Bond: "Something important was taken from me, and I aim to steal it back."
Flaw: "An innocent person is in prison for a crime that I committed. I'm okay with that."
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=CLASS FEATURES]
- Expertise: (Athletics, Stealth) Proficiency bonus is doubled for any checks of the selected skills or thieves' tools.
- Sneal Attack +1d6 damage on attacks with advantage, or if another enemy of the target is withing 5 feet of it.
- Thieves' Cant: A secret language used to hide messages in plain sight.
Proficiencies Light armor, simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords, Thieves' tools
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=EQUIPMENT]
Combat Gear:
Leather armor
Shortsword
Shortbow
Dagger x2
Arrows x20

Other Gear: Burglar's pack, Thieves' tools, crowbar, set of dark common clothes including hood, belt pouch

Carrying Capacity: 120 lbs
Push/Drag/Lift: 240 lbs
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=MONEY LOG]
Code:
Starting Gold: 15 gp
[/SBLOCK]
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

xynthoros

First Post
Eldrath

View attachment Eldrath.pdf

Eldrath Wood Elf Druid (Circle of the Shepherd)

The spirits have guided Eldrath his entire life, guiding him on his path as a druid, allowing him to protect his home when necessary. Recently his communication with the spirits has grown somewhat strange, as if there was some type of impending doom. The nature of the situation is unclear, but the spirits have guided him to the village of Nightstone where Humans stand in conflict with a tribe of Wood Elves and the surrounding wilderness.

As a druid, Eldrath is tied more to the land and the spirits of the wilderness than to the tribe itself. While the people of Nightstone encroach on the wilderness, conflict between the elves and the humans of Nightstone is just as bad as their encroachment. Hoping to come to some agreement that would avoid bloodshed and protect the wilderness while allowing the village to survive, Eldrath has set out from the wilderness to speak with the Lady of the keep.

While uncertain if this has anything to do with the sense of impending doom the spirits keep conveying, he is certain they have led him to Nightstone for a reason.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tranio, a cleric.
Msfusok copy.png
LG Halfelf Cleric of Death 1

Abilities:
STR 10 (0)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON 12 (+1)
INT 8 (-1)
WIS 16 (+3) (save +5)
CHA 16 (+3) (save +5)

Size M
Speed 30
AC 18
Init +2
Hit Points: 9 (1d8)

Proficiency bonus: +2
Proficiencies: light and medium armor, simple and martial weapons
Skills: Perception, Acrobatics, Persuasion, Insight, Religion, Deception
Tools: Thieves’ Tools, Herbalism kit
Languages: Common, Elf, Gnoll

Attacks:
Chill Touch:

Background: Gravedigger (custom)
* skills: Deception, Religion
* tools: Thieves’ Tools, Herbalism kit
* feature: Bad Reputation (from Sailor)
* equipment (as Hermit)

Race abilities:
* Darkvision 60’
* Fey Ancestry (no magical sleep, advantage on charm)

Cleric abilities:
* Spellcasting (DC 13, attack mod +5)
- Cantrips: Guidance, Mending, Spare the Dying, Chill Touch
- Spell Slots: 2/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0
- Spells Known: 4 (+domain)
- Level 1: Inflict Wounds, Cure Wounds, Bless, Create or Destroy Water (+ false life, ray of sickness)
* Ritual Casting
* Reaper: Chill Touch can target two creatures within 5’

Skills:
+4 (dex) Acrobatics
+3 (wis) Animal Handling
-1 (int) Arcana
+0 (str) Athletics
+5 (cha) Deception
-1 (int) History
+5 (wis) Insight
+3 (cha) Intimidation
-1 (int) Investigation
+3 (wis) Medicine
-1 (int) Nature
+5 (wis) Perception
+3 (cha) Performance
+5 (cha) Persuasion
+1 (int) Religion
+2 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+2 (dex) Stealth (disadvantage in armor)
+3 (wis) Survival

Characteristics:
Personality: Upbeat and encouraging. Now he's seen Death, he knows how to enjoy life.
Ideal:
Bond:
Flaw:

Equipment:
Scale mail
shield
Light crossbow with 20 bolts
Explorer’s pack
Holy symbol
(mace/warhammer)
scroll case filled with notes and prayers
winter blanket
common clothes
herbalism kit
5gp

still to do: personality, Attacks

Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
View attachment 81555
Bethany the Bold
Human Fighter 1
Soldier AL NG
Str 16 Dex 10 Con 14 Int 8 Wis 14 Cha 12

[sblock=Background]
Bethany the Bold was the daughter of an innkeeper...

Wow, this is pretty much exactly what I was thinking of doing (mechanically and back story), just replace Inn with farm and make it a him...

I've got an alternative fighter concept though, and I can always go wizard.

Can I ask about your planned progression (subclass)?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using EN World mobile app

Redthistle

Explorer
Supporter
I'd be interested in playing.

Bethany the Bold, Variant Human Fighter, Soldier background.
Str 16 Dex 10 Con 14 Int 8 Wis 14 Cha 12
Bethany dreamed of life as anywhere but working in her father's inn as a cook or barmaid. Ran off to join an army, wound up as a cook. She finished her contract and is now striking out on her own. She's come to Nightstone to find work, whether a guard on a hunt, or whatever looks tempting.

Yup, that's the army.

TallIan

Explorer
My planned progression was battle master. I'm willing to create another PC if you're really set on this. Alternatively we could know each other, having been members of the same unit.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World mobile app
That's very generous of you, but I'm not married to the concept. Since your post I've thought about an archer rather than sword and board and I'm contemplating a wizard as well.

Wizard sounds like a good idea for the group.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases