• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Streaming Services: First 2023 POWER RANKINGS (And what's up with Prime?)

Maybe.

Then again, it was barely a few years ago when the idea that the series creator would be a giant lightning rod would have been fairly laughable. Things change quickly.

Think of it as the Ezra Miller corollary- things change, and tying the fate of a product to a particular individual (which, given the continued creative involvement demanded by JK Rowling is required) is not always a great idea. I certainly don't think that this is going to suddenly become less of an issue in, oh ... 2024.
I don't think there's a maybe, the IP is strong as ever, the most recent stumbles outside of JK would be the Fantastic beast movies. Unless some MAJOR scandal happens that the majority of fans will care about, nothing is going to change. Her remarks will get pulled up again and again as each role is announced and then once premiere date is announced and then any coverage will be accompanied by her remarks and the outrage they spark.

So, while it may not become less of an issue, i don't see it becoming a big enough issue to derail a billion dollar IP.

Basically

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

The IP is as strong as ever, so long as you leave out the demonstrable ways that it's getting weaker all the time! Nothing to see here!
Tell me how the Wizarding world IP is getting weaker? It just had a very successful video game launch, which will more than likely happen again when the next harry potter game comes out. The only weakness in the line itself which i acknowledged was the Fantastic Best movies. Leaving out JK, the line is doing very well from my view.

Clint_L

Hero
Really enjoying the first few episodes of Silo. Ted Lasso completely jumped the shark this season; it’s like watching nonstop after school specials. Sort of enjoying The Bear but I’ve worked in that kind of environment so it stresses me out. Maybe during vacation I’ll be able to handle it better.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
With Max adding all the Discovery+ shows it just leaped much higher in my usage. Tons of stuff I really liked when I had DirectTV I now have access to again, I have a lot to catch up on during this writer's strike. So happy to have Expedition Unknown and Rehab Addict back.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Really enjoying the first few episodes of Silo. Ted Lasso completely jumped the shark this season; it’s like watching nonstop after school specials. Sort of enjoying The Bear but I’ve worked in that kind of environment so it stresses me out. Maybe during vacation I’ll be able to handle it better.
I am really enjoying this season of Ted Lasso. I agree Silo is great.

Remove ads