Streetfighter

noretoc

First Post
One of my players wanted to play a streetwise brawler. We looked at the monk, and it didn't fit. We also looked at the prestige class, but it didn't seem to work right, so we came up with this core class. Can I have some opinons? Two powerful?

Hit Dice: D12

Skill Points: 3 + Int Mod (x4 at first level)

Skill List:

Bluff (Cha)

Climb (STR)

Escape Artist (Dex)

Gather Information (Cha)

Intimidate (Cha)

Jump (STR)

Knowledge [Local] (Int)

Listen (Wis)

Sense Motive (Wis)

Spot (Wis)

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: None

Bonus Feats: Alertness, Blind Fight, Cleave, Deflect Arrow, Diehard, Dodge, Endurance, Great Fortitude, Greater Weapons Focus (unarmed), Improved Bull Rush, Improved Grapple, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Mobility, Power Attack, Reckless Offense, Run, Stand Still, Toughness, Weapon Focus, Improved Toughness, Clever Wrestler, Close Quarters Fighting, and Force of Will

Street Fighter BaB Fort Ref Will Special
1 +0 2 0 0 Flurry Of Blows(-2), Imp Unarm Strike (1d8), DR 1/-
2 +1 3 0 0 Get them down
3 +2 3 1 1 Feat ,
4 +3 4 1 1 Unarmed Strike (1d10), Ability (Con +1)
5 +3 4 1 1 DR 2/-, Uncanny Dodge
6 +4 5 2 2 Flurry of Blows (-1), Kick ‘em when their down +1d6
7 +5 5 2 2 Ferocious Flurry (+2), Feat
8 +6 6 2 2 Unarmed Strike (1 d12)
9 +6 6 3 3 Flurry of Blows (0), DR 3/-, Ability Increase (Con +1)
10 +7 7 3 3 Improved Uncanny Dodge
11 +8 7 3 3 Feat, Kick ‘em when their down +2d6
12 +9 8 4 4 Unarmed Strike (2d8), Heavy Fist
13 +9 8 4 4 DR 4/-
14 +10 9 4 4 Ferocious Flurry (+4)Ability Increase (Con +1)
15 +11 9 5 5 Feat
16 +12 10 5 5 Kick ‘em when their down +3d6
17 +12 10 5 5 DR 5/-
18 +13 11 6 6
19 +14 11 6 6 Ability Increase (Con +1), Feat
20 +15 12 6 6

Unarmed Strike – Your unarmed attacks do extra damage, and are considered weapons for determining weather or not you threaten an area. They are also considered Natural or normal weapons in regard to spells or other abilities that affect weapons.

Knock them Down – As a standard action you may make a melee attack against an opponent and if successful make an immediate trip attack against them with a +4 bonus. If they fall prone, you may take an additional attack immediately, as per the Improved Trip Feat. If your trip fails, they may not attempt to trip you in return.

Uncanny Dodge I - As Barbarian Ability

Improved Uncanny Dodge – As Barbarian Ability

Kick Them When They’re Down – You Deal An extra 1d6 damage to prone opponents this damage increases by 1d6 at level 6, 11 and 16

Ferocious Flurry: When using Flurry of Blows, the street fighter receives a +1 bonus to unarmed damage. This bonus increases to +2 at level 14, Does not stack with the bonus from Weapon Specialization

Heavy Fist - Your Unarmed Attacks Deal Triple Damage on a critical hit

Flurry of Blows - At first level you can create a combo of moves gaining more attacks at

A penalty to all attacks until your next turn. This penalty is -2 at first lessening to -1 at 5th level and no penalty at 10th level

Ability Increase – The street fighter gains an inherent bonus to his constitution at level 4 and every five levels thereafter

Eversius

First Post
Wow, it's like some badass gestalt monk/barbarian (without the rage, thank god) with some extra abilities thrown in.

First of all, make the HD d10, or even d8. A character that grows up as a street brawler will most likely not be as sturdy as an axe-wielding wildman that has the characteristics of a bull elephant.

Second of all, combined with his abilities, Heavy Fist seems a little overpowered. A X3 critical multiplier with Flurry of Blows and Knock Them Down, as well as Kick Them While They're Down, can cause some obscene amounts of damage (especially after the damage reaches 2d8) with the unarmed strike damage increase.

Full BAB I can deal with. Considering this is a brawler, it makes sense that the class would involve constant conflict.

Those are the major cracks in your broken class, as far as I can tell. Combine it as is with frenzied berserker and I'd be running for my life.

Nyaricus

First Post
Eversius}Full BAB I can deal with. Considering this is a brawler said:
actually, this guy is a 3/4 BAB, as far as i can tell.

Other than that, NICE CLASS!!! I'd love to see a Epic Irish Streetfighter/Drunken Master sometime soon. Very soon. :D

But seriously, i really like this. Perhaps to avoid confusion in the future Noretoc you'd condider simply listing self-explanitory stuff something like this:

BAB = 3/4
Fort = Good
Ref = Bad
Will = Bad

---
AC and HP

I see some problems with your class. DR stars at level one. Thats bad. Combined with your d12 HD (max at level one) thats a bit much. Combined with +1 BAB (which luckily you don't have), thats EXTREME. Also, you list a much quicker unarmed damage increase than the monk (Streetfighter [a.k.a. SF] gets 2d8 at 12, monk gets it at 16) which lends me to want to change this to the monks progression.

SF dont get armour, and in exchange they gain:
DR
Con Bonus
d12 HP

Monks, meanwhile have
AC bonus
d8 HP
no armours

Barbs get
DR
d12 HP
medium armours

so, i would mix and match this all. Ideally (as it is now) id do this
SF gets
d12 HP
DR
AC bonus

why no more con bonuses? well, con increases alot of things, but they already have too much going for them. with d12 HP and good fort saves (i can see the reasoning for these, but i *might* want to change them to d10, we shall see how this goes), theres no real reason to add MORE Con bonuses.

---
Skills

so this is a streefighter that isnt very streetwise? hmm, that seems odd.

skills are
Bluff (Cha), Climb (STR), Escape Artist (Dex), Gather Information (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (STR), Knowledge [Local] (Int), Listen (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis) and you list them at 3+int per level

first off, change them to 4+int mod for skills. these guys are a fighter(as in monk/barb)/rogue
varient, but they have a very small niche to fill in combat, so they need to be useful in other places. I would also advise the following skill list for an urban streetwise streetbrawler

Bluff, Climb, Craft, Diplomacy, Escape Artist, Gather Info, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (local), Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive, Spot, Tumble and bump them to 4/level.

---I actually have to get ot bed, dammit am i tired, but there is what i ahev so far for feedback. Hope it helps, but I'll be back ;)

noretoc

First Post
Thanks for the feedback. Sorry it took so long for me to get back. We pictured the class as a real hit before talk. That is why he dosen't have diplomacy. Also we don't want him sneaking around. He really isn't any part rogue. Also his points are invested in Con and Str and leaves little for dex... He is the loud boisterous bully who is always getting himself into trouble. He also is very much used to getting hit. I had a defense bonus and no con increase at first, but as we were palying, we realized that the little protection it gave him didn;t really help much. He was always hit quite easily, and lost hitpoint at an amazing rate. (All of his money has been spent on healing potions and wands for the cleric.) We talked about it for a bit, and thoguht we would try this. He has an amazing amount of hitpoints, but still loses them at an incredible rate, even with the damage reduction (and he took greater resilency). Especially since his most potent skills (the ability to knock people down) rely on him being close. This is actually the feeling we are trying to foster. He it covered with scars and limps and has a nose that has been broken quite a few times. I am thinking that as he gets higher the damage will be too high though. I also was against the x3 mod, but without it he seems lacking compared to other classes that are mainly fighters. His BAB is 3/4 kind of to offset his damage. To give the impression he swings a lot but when he hits he hits. As he is getting up there in level I am seeing how he holds his own. He fills the role of fighter in my party, as there are no other straight fighting class.

I know it seems like I am defending it, but actually I just trying to define the feel. If anyone can think of another way to get the same feel (except rage. For some reason I do not like giving other classes rage), please chime in. I welcome all criticism.

Remove ads