• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stupid noob question about encounter powers.

FriarRosing

First Post
I know this is a really dumb, noobish question, but with encounter powers, can you only use one per encounter? As in, say I'm a level 3 fighter and I have Passing Attack and Armor-Piercing Thrust, can I only use one of them per encounter, or could I use both of them once?

Again, I'm aware this is a dumb question, but the rules didn't seem to say for certain either way. At least as far as we read. It seems really ambiguous.

You can use each encounter power once per encounter, and each daily power once per day. So in your example, you could use passing attack and armor-piercing thrust in the same encounter, but only once each. :)

Kalbutt

First Post
It's not a stupid question, because there are exceptions. For instance, the class feature Channel Divinity can be used once per encounter, even if you have several 'Channel Divinity' powers.
The wizard can choose 2 (or 3 with a feat) daily spells or utility spells each level-up, but he can only cast once daily/utility spell per day per spell level, and he has to prepare his spells in advance.
And the powers granted by magic items have a daily counter on their own, in parallel of the daily counter of the character, which depends of the tier you're in.

Confused yet ?

Remove ads