• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Superheroes of the Trust Game Thread

DM_Matt

First Post
kirinke said:
Hope stepped forward. "My name is Hope. I wish to have the information you have collected, as well as any information regarding the creature known as Barrington. He is of interest to us," she said formally. "If you could send the information to our computers, we would be most pleased."

OOC:
(+6/+10)........ Diplomacy............................ (5r)
(+07)............ Sense Motive........................ (4r)
(+4/+8)......... Bluff.................................... (3r)

Regarding her name, I'd think Hope would be well aware of the Pandora myth. Greatest of evils in Greek mythology, yet a virtue in Christian lore. ;)

I'm pretty sure you're seriously misinterpreting the story.

DM_Matt

First Post
DM_Matt said:
Black shakes his head "I have no idea what any of those names and places are. The ship we derived all this stuff form was mysteriously devoid of all references to the race that created it, or any other species for that matter"

But...hmm...they did first discover the ship floating up there 20 years ago....

Victim

First Post
Shooting Star guesses: "Op-Tech?"

-----------------------------
We're not just in the same ballpark for speed, we're pretty much exactly even. I wonder if he can turn the way I do too? Stupid rockets; too slow! She grins.

WTF?! Maybe someone besides Hope should talk? Star blurts out, "What are we supposed to do? Maybe we could say that his exile is over and invite him on board? That might be bad if he decides to fight then. (*&#! The fact that we dropped a phone will clue him in that we're not whoever he thinks we are; we probably can't make this last!" If he has super advanced alien stuff, this might get much harder. Since he's already blown his cover talking like that, he has no reason to hold back?

"We might want to relay his transmission back to base - indirectly - so other people can start figuring out what he's talking about."

DM_Matt

First Post
Victim said:
Shooting Star guesses: "Op-Tech?"

-----------------------------
We're not just in the same ballpark for speed, we're pretty much exactly even. I wonder if he can turn the way I do too? Stupid rockets; too slow! She grins.

WTF?! Maybe someone besides Hope should talk? Star blurts out, "What are we supposed to do? Maybe we could say that his exile is over and invite him on board? That might be bad if he decides to fight then. (*&#! The fact that we dropped a phone will clue him in that we're not whoever he thinks we are; we probably can't make this last!" If he has super advanced alien stuff, this might get much harder. Since he's already blown his cover talking like that, he has no reason to hold back?

"We might want to relay his transmission back to base - indirectly - so other people can start figuring out what he's talking about."

(You guys can hold back Hope from taking until you guys have conferred briefly if you want. Anyone could have taken issue with her speaking beforehand since she has to ask Jacobson to transmit it)

Jacobson says "I'm relaying this back, but we don't know much about alien civilizations. Hopefully they can reach Daedalus or The Primordial. They might know."

Victim

First Post
(She's guessing which company got the license. Advanced glasses/visor technology seems possibly related to the corporation run by Optic. Especially since they knew the protocols for interfacing his visor with the van right from the beginning.)

----------------

(We might want to give someone with better Bluff - both in terms of IC skillset and player deceptiveness - a crack at playing along, instead of going with the first person to post. But it's not like Star could do better.)

DM_Matt

First Post
Victim said:
(She's guessing which company got the license. Advanced glasses/visor technology seems possibly related to the corporation run by Optic. Especially since they knew the protocols for interfacing his visor with the van right from the beginning.)

----------------

(We might want to give someone with better Bluff - both in terms of IC skillset and player deceptiveness - a crack at playing along, instead of going with the first person to post. But it's not like Star could do better.)

(Lol, I forgot about that, and she's right, as Black does indicate)

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"Just tell him to transfer the data, and then we'll have one up on Barrington." Wren states, hoping that Voderac will comply. 21 years of data, that must be a lot! As for welcoming us to his planet, that ship is getting creepier by the second.

Has Wren heard of this alien race, since he's an alien race himself? Wren has diplomacy +14, but no bluff. Anyone else have any bright ideas?

Vanifae

First Post
Bluff +13, he is plenty deceptive...

Apollo grins, "We got him, even if he finds that phone we can just say that we feared that his communications may not have worked after all this time. We got him, and we can get whatever we want without firing a shot... can you transmit voice without sending an image? Perhaps our craft was damaged, and we are the vanguard of some invasion force... we could do anything... we just need to keep him talking right?"

DM_Matt

First Post
Fangor the Fierce said:
"Just tell him to transfer the data, and then we'll have one up on Barrington." Wren states, hoping that Voderac will comply. 21 years of data, that must be a lot! As for welcoming us to his planet, that ship is getting creepier by the second.

Has Wren heard of this alien race, since he's an alien race himself? Wren has diplomacy +14, but no bluff. Anyone else have any bright ideas?

(Heh, I forgot about that. Yes, Wren has heard of the Geldarans. They are a rather brutal and expansionist space empire. He hasn't heard of Taranas or Pax though.)

Last edited:

Remove ads