• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Superheroes of the Trust Game Thread

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Wren keeps quiet as the others talk about the plans. His mind is racing with various options, until he gets to one that might work. It's a risk, but then again, so is this job. He asks a simple question, to everyone, "Who else here can create objects, besides myself?"

As he gets their attention, he then explains, "We know his location, and his destination. We know what route he is taking now. I can create objects, but I think I would need some help with this little plan. It's to help out everyone. If I can create enough objects, I can link them all together, to make one large mass, almost like a giant anchor. Then, when we're ready, it can easily be attached to the vessel, and it will start slowing. I can keep on creating more objects, as the vessel continues to slow. Once we have it in our agreeable speed, which might even be a full stop, then the ringing of the phone can take place and negotiations started. We can make sure that it's on neutral ground, as yes, he's on his ship, but it's not going anywhere easily. If he wants to talk, we have that option. If he wants to fight, then that's his choice, and we can oblige. So, slowing the vessel to a stop, would that be feasible?"

Victim

First Post
"Wow, Hope. When you put it that way, coordinating 3 separated groups of people in the middle of a firefight sounds MUCH less complex than flying over his ship and dropping something. Good call," Megan says causticly. "And our inertia at that speed will carry us out of the combat zone if something goes wrong on the dropoff. Wait, if you believe in Greek elements, then maybe inertia and objects falling at the same speed aren't part of your world view either?"

"Superheroes are supposed to act like it. Similarly, police and FBI and AEGIS have restrictions like warrants and jurisdiction. You're not supposed to just pick and choose whatever limits apply from moment to moment; so that there's no real check on you."

"Besides, they probably already have their weapons. This guy was just involved in some major attacks, so he and his guys are probably going to be extra cautious and alert."

"It's a boat. We have a jet besides our own powers. Isn't it already effectively stationary? And any ground that we create isn't going to be neutral from his position."

Last edited:

kirinke

First Post
Fangor the Fierce said:
Wren keeps quiet as the others talk about the plans. His mind is racing with various options, until he gets to one that might work. It's a risk, but then again, so is this job. He asks a simple question, to everyone, "Who else here can create objects, besides myself?"

As he gets their attention, he then explains, "We know his location, and his destination. We know what route he is taking now. I can create objects, but I think I would need some help with this little plan. It's to help out everyone. If I can create enough objects, I can link them all together, to make one large mass, almost like a giant anchor. Then, when we're ready, it can easily be attached to the vessel, and it will start slowing. I can keep on creating more objects, as the vessel continues to slow. Once we have it in our agreeable speed, which might even be a full stop, then the ringing of the phone can take place and negotiations started. We can make sure that it's on neutral ground, as yes, he's on his ship, but it's not going anywhere easily. If he wants to talk, we have that option. If he wants to fight, then that's his choice, and we can oblige. So, slowing the vessel to a stop, would that be feasible?"

"I can create objects," Hope remarked.. "Mostly out of ice, but they won't melt unless exposed to extreme heat." she tapped her finger on her seat rest. "In fact, the ice would probably freeze the surrounding water, adding to the weight. That might work." she said nodding. "It'll show him that we do have the upper hand, we can affect him."

DM_Matt

First Post
Victim said:
"Wow, Hope. When you put it that way, coordinating 3 separated groups of people in the middle of a firefight sounds MUCH less complex than flying over his ship and dropping something. Good call," Megan says causticly. "And our inertia at that speed will carry us out of the combat zone if something goes wrong on the dropoff. Wait, if you believe in Greek elements, then maybe inertia and objects falling at the same speed aren't part of your world view either?"

"Superheroes are supposed to act like it. Similarly, police and FBI and AEGIS have restrictions like warrants and jurisdiction. You're not supposed to just pick and choose whatever limits apply from moment to moment; so that there's no real check on you."

"Besides, they probably already have their weapons. This guy was just involved in some major attacks, so he and his guys are probably going to be extra cautious and alert."

"It's a boat. We have a jet besides our own powers. Isn't it already effectively stationary? And any ground that we create isn't going to be neutral from his position."

D'Antoni crimes in: "Its a freighter. It cant even go fast enough compared to us to properly say its fleeing."

Last edited:

kirinke

First Post
Victim said:

"Star, if you haven't figured it out, everything I'm doing right now with this group, with the Trust is completely off the books and clandestine. I haven't even cleared this with my bosses. In fact, if I were following those rules you so love to spout I should follow, I'd have to turn everyone here in, including myself. Because technically speaking, everything we've been doing is against the law, even if it is to save the world from a madman that the law isn't equipped to deal with." she looked at the naive superhero and scowled a little. "Nothing is absolute Star. Not even physics, especially where magic and power is concerned."

"I know you don't like me, you think I'm out of control, but I'm not. Everything I've done has been to safe-guard this group and the innocents around us. That's what I'm sworn to do. Protect the innocent." she looked at Star intently. The girl was so bloody unseasoned, it was scary. It seemed like of them all, only she and Wren had any long term experience with supercriminals. If she read their files rightly, Star, Viridian, Nightweaver and even Nitro were relatively new to the cloak and mask club. Of course there were Black and the Trust commandos, but.....

"Once we actually get onto the ship, any plan we make here, is going out the window. We simply don't know what will happen." she grinned a little.

ooc:
Would Hope be able to do something similar to an Augury spell? Something that will let them know whether or not a raid or the negotation trick would be the best way to go? Heck, even a brief glimpse of the future, maybe one showing one outcome and the other showing the other outcome would be good. It'd also be good if she could get the others to 'see' it as well.

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
kirinke said:
Would Hope be able to do something similar to an Augury spell? Something that will let them know whether or not a raid or the negotation trick would be the best way to go? Heck, even a brief glimpse of the future, maybe one showing one outcome and the other showing the other outcome would be good. It'd also be good if she could get the others to 'see' it as well.

No.

DM_Matt

First Post
Black says "Well it seems that most of you want to try to communicate first. Odds are it shouldn't be too risky. We lose surprise, but we have a lot of firepower to make up for it if worse comes to worse."

D'Antoni announces "We're in range."

Jacobson adds: "I'm picking up the boat's outline with the sensors. I can't get anything more detailed without revealing our position, however."

"So shall we?," Black adds.

kirinke

First Post
DM_Matt said:
Black says "Well it seems that most of you want to try to communicate first. Odds are it shouldn't be too risky. We lose surprise, but we have a lot of firepower to make up for it if worse comes to worse."

D'Antoni announces "We're in range."

Jacobson adds: "I'm picking up the boat's outline with the sensors. I can't get anything more detailed without revealing our position, however."

"So shall we?," Black adds.

She glanced at Black and nodded. If they wanted to go the negotations route, then she'd be there to keep them alive. That was her job. Even if they didn't listen to the voice of experience. Hope slipped on her mask and cloak and as she did so, her hair and eyes bled white, St. Elmos' fire licking her skin, the wind around her ruffling her hair and cloak like some living thing. The entire effect was disturbing to say the least, even more so since she wasn't in street clothes any more.

"Let's get this over with, I swear, if I wind up in the infirmery because of this, I will hex everyone's dreams so that they show nothing but Barney and Teletubbies for three weeks straight," she quipped, blowing off some steam with some.... well pretty scary jokes, because Barney..... Teletubbies? Isn't that proscribed by the Geneva convention?

Singing purple dinosaurs. Serves em right. she thought almost cheerily.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Shaking her head, though if at Hope or the revised mission or at something else wasn't clear, Viridian takes her position for the drop onto the ship.

DM_Matt

First Post
Shayuri said:
Shaking her head, though if at Hope or the revised mission or at something else wasn't clear, Viridian takes her position for the drop onto the ship.

(Isn't the plan for Star and Apollo to drop the phone off while the rest stay on the plane? Am I wrong?)

Remove ads